Sign in to follow this  
Foy_Mirna

Dressing up the Anderson Chains

I got tired of seeing my Anderson hitch chains looking rusted and I knew paint was only going to be temporary solution.  I considered replacing the chains with plastic/rubberized covered chains but found a lower cost option.  I used Techflex Flexo Clean Cut 1 1/2-Inch Braided Cable Sleeve, in black - 10 Feet.  Amazon sells it for $8 - https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B007VT09LS/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

IMG_2184.jpg.thumb.jpg.1ff14e1f7a945449082d3018c087ff12.jpg

The 10 foot length is perfect to cover both chains in my case.  It cuts clean with scissors and the ends can be burnished with a lighter.  You can still see through the braiding to make sure you have no twisted in the chain and it only took a few minutes to put on over the chains.  I used tie-straps braided through the last chain links on both ends to hold them in place.

IMG_2183.jpg.thumb.jpg.54b175d94d943a8da068b370384ef679.jpg

• Thanks 5

Onward,

Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse

2017 Legacy Elite II, twin bed

Hull #227

2007 Dodge Durango 5.7L Hemi

Looks much nicer - good idea!

• Thanks 1

Snowball • 256 • 2018 Ford Raptor

You da man!  I've cleaned and spray painted mine each year before I put Twist into storage for the winter.  However, it appears that your idea will save me that time and effort - THANKS!

Bill

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I just installed mine an hour ago.  Thanks for this suggestion.

Bob G