2 leaking sink trap valves

Travelswithollie Hull #125 delivered March1st 2016. Started dripping out of forward drains under trailer. Discovered that kitchen sink trap was leaking through threaded fitting. Replaced trap with new PVC with clean-out plug and not threaded. Underside leaking continued. Discovered bathroom trap was also leaking!!!

this trap looks impossible to replace/repair where it is. 
1.  Why in the world was threaded pipe used?  Leaks are through the “glued” threaded fittings. 
2.  Can anyone tell me how to repair/replace without tearing out the shower floor?

I have a photo of the Replaced trap. 

• Moderator+

It can  be repaired without any major renovations.  You won't have to remove the shower pan.  You'll need a special spanner wrench to reach into the drain and hold the chrome piece stationary while unscrewing the fitting from the dinette access panel outside the bathroom wall.  You will need to either grow and extra 8 foot arm or get someone to help with this. This job is so much easier on the Elite II's than the old Elites due to the fact that the shower pan is now raised above the coach floor.  It's still not easy, but it can be done.  Good luck!

Edited by ScubaRx
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I am not positive if there is a rubber gasket under the drain.  That might be your leak. I would be really interested in seeing pictures of this entire repair. Good luck.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/27/2020 at 12:43 PM, RussMcKnight said:

Here's what I removed under the kitchen sink with arrow to leak point. The shower trap appears to be leaking from the exact same spot.  My only access is through the dinette seat. We don't have an access panel.

RussMcKnight -  Did you have success with your repair? Mind to share your final solution/fix?

Thank you,

Patriot

Edited by Patriot

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg