Counter/tabletop Options

MarylandDave

10 hours ago, TexasGuy said:

That live edge walnut top might be my first upgrade when I get my trailer next year.  That looks amazing !

Thank you! That was a fun project.  

• Like 1

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

16 hours ago, Overland said:

Does Oliver not offer the Dakota Black counters any more?  That would be strange, since it seems like one of the most popular colors.  They just sent me a bath vanity top in that color.

Oliver used to do wood for the microwave door if you had that option, and wood for the small countertops at the fridge and panty used to be an option.  I've also seen photos of one Ollie with a wooden dinette table.  I've never seen one with the kitchen countertop in wood, but there may be one out there - certainly it's possible.  At least one of the earliest Ollies had wooden doors on the cabinets and even the bath and closet!

1527323225_ScreenShot2016-12-19at2_59_55PM.png.bd34c3ffca117ee5fa67d0907141b69f.png2069240638_ScreenShot2016-12-19at2_58_34PM.thumb.png.df3e93deedc069688c751d5f58146559.png10073783446_bbd44dc923_o.thumb.jpg.4733b0010da928d0b34a264806015b63.jpg

Love the doors!  Great idea.

Onward,
Foy and Mirna 

Roamy Mc Roadhouse
2017 Legacy Elite II, Twin Bed
Hull #227
2021 RAM 1500 Limited

14 hours ago, Susan Huff said:

Salsa, yeah, that's it.  Love it, but not enough to make me buy an Airstream!

While researching, I noticed photos of used Airstreams where the ultra-leather seems to have stretched and has wrinkles.  We had our Leisure Travel Van four years and the upholstery didn't do that.  Perhaps it's because the cushions in the Airstream are much larger than our van, or the Oliver.

Not that it matters - we're getting an Oliver - but has anyone with the ultra fabric upgrade on the larger cushions on the rear benches noticed any wrinkling?

My previous trailer 30’ Airstream Serenity had the ultra leather Oyster 5 months traveling across the country with two dogs it was one of the only things that held up well.

D57822FC-7658-4F3E-AD5B-D6C6C2D3F2D2.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators
On 10/2/2020 at 5:59 PM, Susan Huff said:

still would love to have red!

I found this poking around looking for fabric for a project,  and I thought of you, Susan. I know you sew, but ultraleather isn't great to work with on my machines . Don't know about yours. 

Promessa is ultraleather,  with a bit of sheen. Not quite  as stretchy or difficult as Brisa (the salsa color above, I'm pretty sure is Brisa.)

Screenshot_20201011-214214_Chrome.jpg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Jim oker, I agree. 

It's not a simple fabric to work with.

I don't even attempt Brisa. We used it on our boat, but I  have a professional friend who made those cushions for us. Commercial machines. Not in my wheelhouse .

Though I'd love to add a sailrite to my mix, I  just don't think I'd use it enough to justify the price, and the space. I already have 3 machines upstairs.  Enough is probably enough. (Doesn't stop me from looking. I'm on the site from time to time. Great thread and fabrics.)

There's a reason why upholstery costs what it does. Start with the machines. Experience in pattern adjustments. , the skill to adjust to a variety of fabrics. I  was happy to pay my friend to work with the Ultra Brisa. 

Edited by SeaDawg

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

2 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

I found this poking around looking for fabric for a project,  and I thought of you, Susan. I know you sew, but ultraleather isn't great to work with on my machines . Don't know about yours. 

Promessa is ultraleather,  with a bit of sheen. Not quite  as stretchy or difficult as Brisa (the salsa color above, I'm pretty sure is Brisa.)

Screenshot_20201011-214214_Chrome.jpg

That's a great price . . . . my sewing machine is a low-voltage Janome and will easily sew this.  Will seriously think about it!  Probably would make new cushions rather than recover brand new ones.  . . . . . . . but I'll need to "run the idea by the boss"! . . . . . .  I know what the answer will be 😠

Edited by Susan Huff

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
On 10/12/2020 at 9:38 AM, topgun2 said:

And my wife talks about the tools I buy? 😄

I ordered a janome today, with a walking foot. Adding to the collection .

I also okayed a new saw for Paul.  Adding to his collection.  Lol 

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4