Insurance & Roadside Assist

I am lining up ducks for December pick up of E2.  Have questions based on your impressive experience(s) with insurance and roadside assistance:

-  Roadside:  I saw in a recent forum chain that some are happy with Good Sam and othres with AAA.  Have tracked other forums where it seems that GS  has gone through recent changes resulting in spotty customer results.  I am primarily investigating AAA or FMCA as a consequence but, who know???  Can find folks with legit complaints or enthusiasims about all.  Considering first hand experience and different formats, any thoughts?  Seems like some policies will cover trip interuption, medical evac, hotels/meals during lengthy repairs, allow for tows to prefered shops, etc...  

-  Insurance:  We are just starting down this road.  Have heard goood things about Hartford and Allstate.  Did you bundle with existing insurance policy?  I have progressive and it seems like an option.

-  Etended Warrantee:  Interestingly, some have opted to set up their own program by contributing the cost equivalent in an account.  Mixed results on that.  I would bet with a solid performer like Oliver and a well maintained TV, could be worth the gamle.  I have not yet looked into the new Oliver offering along these lines but it would be a hard apple to bite, caughing up a wad a cash to purchase a pricey EW for a brandy new trailer.  That said it sounds like the only way to lock in a reasonable cost is to purchase a EW when the vehicle is close to new and sign on for multiple years.

3 hours ago, GAP said:

I am lining up ducks for December pick up of E2.  Have questions based on your impressive experience(s) with insurance and roadside assistance:

-  Roadside:  I saw in a recent forum chain that some are happy with Good Sam and othres with AAA.  Have tracked other forums where it seems that GS  has gone through recent changes resulting in spotty customer results.  I am primarily investigating AAA or FMCA as a consequence but, who know???  Can find folks with legit complaints or enthusiasims about all.  Considering first hand experience and different formats, any thoughts?  Seems like some policies will cover trip interuption, medical evac, hotels/meals during lengthy repairs, allow for tows to prefered shops, etc...  

-  Insurance:  We are just starting down this road.  Have heard goood things about Hartford and Allstate.  Did you bundle with existing insurance policy?  I have progressive and it seems like an option.

-  Etended Warrantee:  Interestingly, some have opted to set up their own program by contributing the cost equivalent in an account.  Mixed results on that.  I would bet with a solid performer like Oliver and a well maintained TV, could be worth the gamle.  I have not yet looked into the new Oliver offering along these lines but it would be a hard apple to bite, caughing up a wad a cash to purchase a pricey EW for a brandy new trailer.  That said it sounds like the only way to lock in a reasonable cost is to purchase a EW when the vehicle is close to new and sign on for multiple years.

Personally, we only consider extended warranties for vehicles with complex electronic components/drive trains where repairs are likely to be costly.  We have a BMW X5 with a diesel engine.  Better than average quality/build/reliability, but repairs cost an arm and a leg.  We do purchase the warranty, but this is, as you say, a gamble.  Historically our warranty cost has paid off.  When the screen on our 2015 BMW X5 nav sys began failing, the cost to replace would have been around $3,000 parts and labor.  Even after paying the $250 deductible, we broke even on the extended warranty.  

As for an Oliver, there is no drive train to fail.  Of installed components, the appliances are most apt to be problematic.  You can, however, get extended warranties on many of them (this used to be the case. Check with Dometic, et al.)  I feel the one or two year warranty on most equipment will cover any manufacturing defects and early life failures.  In the long run, you are better off paying for any eventual repairs.  It depends on whether peace of mind is worth paying up front.

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin - delivery December 7, 2020

2013 F350 3.2l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCACOGAHIIDILKSLAMSMONENVNMOKORSCTNTX