Winterize in warm climates?

Living in Florida. I still do a limited winterization on my Ollie, if stored for several months. I’ll do the same for the summer months. I bypass the water heater  and drain the tank, then sanitize the water system lines and tanks as best as possible. Completely drain the entire system. I do use air to blow out the lines to get out as much water as possible and leave the lines and tanks empty. My preference.  I will use a small amount of Rv antifreeze in the sink traps to keep them from drying  out and a small amount in the toilet bowl to keep the rubber seal lubed.      Before the first trip, I’ll again  fill sanitize and empty the system. Then fill the system to get all the air out of the lines and hot water tank. Ready to go. This has worked for me for many years. Any further thoughts? Thanks

29 minutes ago, Landrover said:

Living in Florida. I still do a limited winterization on my Ollie, if stored for several months. I’ll do the same for the summer months. I bypass the water heater  and drain the tank, then sanitize the water system lines and tanks as best as possible. Completely drain the entire system. I do use air to blow out the lines to get out as much water as possible and leave the lines and tanks empty. My preference.  I will use a small amount of Rv antifreeze in the sink traps to keep them from drying  out and a small amount in the toilet bowl to keep the rubber seal lubed.      Before the first trip, I’ll again  fill sanitize and empty the system. Then fill the system to get all the air out of the lines and hot water tank. Ready to go. This has worked for me for many years. Any further thoughts? Thanks

We condition the toilet seal with a lubricant, designed for that purpose, to keep the seal in good condition.

https://www.amazon.com/Thetford-Toilet-Lubricant-Conditioner-24-36663/dp/B002NSU0ZW

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; taking delivery December 7, 2020

2013 F350 3.2l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCACOGAHIIDILKSLAMSMONENVNMOKORSCTNTX

I know of at least one Oliver owner that will once a month lift the tires off the concrete and spin them leaving them 90 degrees from where they had been. 

I leave the propane lid latches undone to keep from permanently stretching the rubber pieces.  This also allows the foam bumpers to expand so that when the lid is latched the bumpers are not already flattened out. 

ADE04095-1E52-4F41-A0CF-B15E4C5EBE51.thumb.jpeg.5d5ea4ab4404b677ce507cb0cab2b559.jpeg

Edited by Townesw
  • Like 4

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax with a custom Turboencabulator modification 

• Moderators

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12