Install marine faucet/shower head?

Has anyone retrofitted one of these: Trinidad Shower Combo Faucet to a newer Oliver? Apparently, they used to come as standard equipment? I like it because it has the on/off valve on the showerhead. Easier to conserve water and keep the temperature the same. You'd have to replace the entire bathroom faucet. How hard is it to get under the sink for that plumbing?

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• Moderators

We have the original scandvik (46009p, maybe?) faucet/shower combo in our 2008, and it has held up extremely well. The Trinidad you referenced is either a copy, or the scandvik under another brand name.

I'd make sure to buy the scandvik, personally.  It's quality stuff. Not a looker, but it works. Not a lux shower experience,  but it works. We liked ours well enough that we replaced the boat's main bath faucet with Scandvik. The main bath shower is huge, and separate.  We often use it as a sail locker. Using the scandvik in the other part of the bath allowed us to make it into a wet bath, which is fine with us, so we can use the showeras a big sail locker.

Changing up plumbing is a matter of cutting the caulk on the vanity inset, and removing it, from what I know. Many others have done it.

Good luck with your decision. 

Btw, your link doesn't work for me.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators
1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

Btw, your link doesn't work for me.

Didn't work for me either.

Certainly look through the Forum for threads on gaining access to the guts of the vanity - and then re-sealing it.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

We have pretty much stopped using the shower in the trailer and use the camping facilities, just so much easier to do and I can stay in there as long as I want. We don't Boondock so we always stay where shower are available to us. But for those who do, I would shower with a friend to save water, makes sense to me. 

trainman

• Haha 1

2019 RAM 1500, 5.7 Hemi, 4X4, Crew Cab, 5'7" bed, Towing Package, 3.92 Gears.

1 hour ago, Trainman said:

I would shower with a friend to save water, makes sense to me.

Sounds like another "couple's activity" challenge in the little Ollie......

• Haha 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg