Hull Numbers

Commanche

It appears most posters are listing the hull number of their trailer. Here is my idea for discussion...Instead of just having the hull number, add the year the trailer was built, either in front or the back of the hull number as 1456 or 5614. And at what point on the trailer could this number be displayed? Would you want the number on your trailer and would you want the factory do the numbering? Maybe a small number 1-2 inches in height would work. I run this idea past Robert and Alicia and they thought it was a good idea.

I seen this idea used by a big trucking company only they put the year and the number when that truck was put in service, starting with 1 each year. You can look at the number and know a lot about that trailer just by the number.

Just a thought,

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

• Moderators

Hmm, that's an interesting idea. Any idea where you think you'd want the number applied to your trailer?

We're hull number 12. Our boat is number 12 too. I think it was just meant to be....

Sherry

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I kind of looked at the trailer at the Sales Office last week, but didn't come to any conclusion. As long as it's not those giant numbers some of the Airstreams have,that's over the top. I know it's their member number in some sort of Airstream club. I'm sure the ideas will come in, after all, everybody has an opinion,

Stan

Stan and Carol

Blacksburg, VA

2014 Dodge Durango 5.7 Hemi

2014 Legacy Elite II Standard  Hull 63

That's a great idea Stan. As you can see our license includes our hull number. Maybe the year and hull number on the spare tire cover would be a good spot. I'm not sure if we have the only Oliver with the web name misspelled but I'm pretty sure we are the only one with Jim Oliver autograph on the outside and inside of our Oliver.

Pam

v2g36e5dhaezffc3tlqov47ftycr8tlt.JPG

• Moderators

Love the license plate, Allenand Pamela! The spare tire cover could make a good spot for a log plate with the number... I could go for that.

Commanche, I totally agree with the oversized Airstream numbers for their caravan club. I sure wouldn't want anything that size anywhere on the trailer.

Sherry

PS Pamela, you should be #1 Oliver TravelRRailer, right? One and only.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• 1 year later...
  • Moderators

Just reading through some old posts while eating my lunch....

I noticed on FB a couple of trailers had their hull numbers above the rear window, sort of like the Airstream folks do. I also like the license plate idea. Has anyone done anything different?

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderators

I also like the idea of putting that information on the spare tire cover. I think that there are at least a couple of us picking up our Olivers over the next few months and I also know that the folks at Oliver can produce the Oliver graphics in house. Therefore, if we owners can come to some sort of agreement and then approach the factory I'll bet that they would be willing to help us out for a reasonable price.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

I have just sent an email to Anita asking for "factory thoughts" on the matter. She may reply either here or directly to me. If she replies to me, I'll post those thoughts as soon as I get them.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

• Moderators

OK, in her usual quick style, Anita has already replied.

She said that she was not aware of any owner putting the hull numbers on the spare tire cover. As noted on this forum, there are those owners that have placed the hull numbers on the front or back of the Oliver. Anita said that if an owner wanted they would place the numbers at little or no cost either on the front, back, spare tire cover, side, etc.

Therefore, it is up to the owner to ask for this if they want it.

Bill

This thread gives me a chuckle. Over at the Casita forums there is constant chatter over mods. I mean real mods. Oliver makes such a complete trailer that all we have to talk about are hull numbers. I confess that I enjoy a project and performed numerous mods to our Casita. Since buying the Ollie all I have done is add some coat hooks, EZE gutters, and a couple of inside jack switches. Nothing more needed. This is a good thing.

We are going to stick #64 on the back of Setting Sail. Just need to get over to the decal shop to do it.

Current 2007 Airstream Classic Limited 31

2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II (Sold)

2016 Ram 2500 HD 6.7i Cummins turbo diesel