MAXXAIR Fan remote stopped working

• Moderators
1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

I believe that Mike and Carol replaced the operating arms on their fan.  Perhaps a private message (PM) to Mike would be in order.

Bill

I replaced the gear box, the operating arms are fine.  You can do it from the top without removing the whole fan.  I took the entire fan out to clean it thoroughly.  I have a thread on here somewhere, I’ll look for it.  Mike

• Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderator+
On 7/15/2023 at 10:54 PM, SeaDawg said:

In all fairness,  it is a bit of a pita to get under the small dinette table (in ours), but when and how often does it happen? A handful of times, for us, in 16 seasons.

Every trailer Oliver built starting Hull #001 has used that same distribution center. The door has always opened the the "wrong way". Our 2008 Elite and now our 2014 Elite II both have the same issues. For those owners that are not constantly updating electrical wiring and modifying circuits, like Sherry, it amounts to very very few trips down under the table. MY 16 Oliver seasons have found me under the dinette hundreds of times. 

As an aside, for those of us who actually have a need to access that area, be it often or hardly ever, it's much easier to work in that area if you just break down the table and set it aside.

• Like 6

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

14 hours ago, ScubaRx said:

Every trailer Oliver built starting Hull #001 has used that same distribution center. The door has always opened the the "wrong way".

I can assure you that most owners will rarely be removing the table to look at a circuit breaker or fuse.  And having to decipher what breaker is what for those that are not "down there often" will continue to provide frustration, if not foster mistakes that could have consequences.

In all fairness, OTT takes great  pride in their designs.  The also cautiously, and where warranted, do over time modify them when warranted.  And all owners very much appreciate their approach as it minimized collateral adverse consequences of changes.  So, since this has been a PITA since hull 001, what's the real back story behind their not fixing this issue? 

GJ 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

I had the same issue with the remote not working about 2 years ago.  I removed the control board and thoroughly cleaned it (I believe with isopropyl alcohol and or vinegar as a mild acid). Reinstalled and it resumed working.  Wish I had coated the board at that time.  Issue has just reappeared after I entered the traIler and the fan was spontaneously running at max speed and the operator was in a dozen pieces. Original operator appeared to be cheap pot metal and replacement from etrailer doesn’t appear to be a whole lot better.  Fan still works using the button board. Am thinking about pulling the control board again and cleaning and coating. May also install a voltage regulator.  

By the way, our fan fuse is in the sub-panel in the attic (7.5 amp). Hull number is 372 (2018). 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

Garry and Kristi

Apex, NC

2018 Oliver Elite II Hull 372

TV 2015 Ram 1500 3.0 L EcoDiesel

image.jpeg.aed3a6aa6cd2b2679a4845e1ea98a981.jpeg