Hello from Texas

Hello,

I have been meaning to introduce us since we became Oliver owners.  We are Bobby and Nadine, we live in East Texas and are lifelong campers.  This latest purchase raises the total count of RV towables to 13 (over a 43-year period).  The Oliver is our second fiberglass trailer, we owned a 16’ Casita for several years and enjoyed it, but it became too small.  We were in the market for an Air Stream, but my wife reminded me of the Oliver we saw once at a fiberglass rally.  We were both so impressed we called Phil and placed our order. We picked up our new LE II back in December of last year.  Glad we made this choice.

The folks at the factory have been great and I would recommend the trailer to anyone that is interested in luxury camping! 

I wanted to share a recent experience: We left home in early June for Lake Placid, NY.  On our way we stayed near Connellsville, PA.  To our surprise we woke that morning to 44° F! (cold by our standards) Being from Texas and having never traveled this far north this was quite a shock.  So, I set the thermostat on the Tuma Vario Heat furnace.  Yes, it made it warm in short order but the noise coming from the vents was deafening.  Sounded like an angle grinder on a sheet of steel.  I promptly turned it off thinking the thing would self-destruct.  Thankfully my wife had remembered to pack “the Cube”.  I plugged it in and after 10 minutes it was nice and toasty.  We used the cube heater off and on till we returned home.

I contacted Jason Essary in service for warranty repair.  He told me that Truma had a mobile service technician in Texas.  I called Truma directly with the supplied number and scheduled an appointment.  The tech (Todd) drove from the Austin area to my back yard 3 days later.  He checked the unit out and said it was 100% covered by Truma’s warranty.  Unit was defective from the factory.  He replaced the noisy unit with a brand new one and extended the normal one-year warranty to two!

The entire service call lasted less than 45 minutes.  Super service, and a super nice guy.

Well, this howdy turned out to be much longer than I wanted it to be.  Just wanted to share.

Bobby Christall

Hull# 1307

• Like 13
  • Love 1

Bobby and Nadine |Hull 1307| 2023 LE II| 2017 Ram 3500 4X4

ALARCOGAILINKYLAMSMONHNMNYNCOHOKPATNTXVT

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

Hey, Bobby!  Welcome aboard!  

Congrats on your new Ollie and for your very first post on the forum.  This is a wonderful on-line forum and the more you visit the more you'll learn about the complexities and nuances of the OTT.  Jason and his team are first class all the way - we're not surprised to hear about your experience  getting your furnace operational, thanks for sharing that with the group.  It's really like having an extended family of like-minded folks to bounce ideas off and solve challenges.

If anything comes up - between calling the factory team and probing this site, you'll get solutions - every time.

Take care and enjoy making new memories out on the road!

• Like 2

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Hello, @Bobby and Nadine, and welcome!

I think "13" will be your lucky number, from now on!

Thanks for sharing your great experience with Truma service, and we'll look forward to more posts about your travels! (Hint, we all love photos.)

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

RV number 13 and hull number 1307 - it must be a "thing" for you two.

Welcome to the Oliver Family.  Sorry that your Truma furnace was "bad" from the factory but glad that you got it taken care of and it all worked out.

You've got a bunch of Oliver company in Texas and you always have family with any of us.

Let us know where you go.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators

Howdy from fellow Texans.  Welcome to the group.  Glad to hear your issue was resolved quickly.  I’m sure you wish you had some of that cool weather these days after this heat wave we’re enduring.  We spent June and July in Colorado, heater ran every night!  Mike

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Howdy right back at ya from SE TX!  Maybe we will get to meet up with you all one day.  Like you, we can't say enough good about Jason and the other service folks at the factory.  It's a wonderful thing.  Unlike you, we don't have the Truma A/C but rather the Dometic "A Bit More White Noise Than Needed" model 🤪.  Glad to know Truma backs up their warranty with great service.

Enjoy your Ollie!

• Like 1

SE Texas  | 2021 Elite II  Twin Bed # 927  "Lucy"  |  2019 F250 FX4 6.7

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, Bobby and Nadine said:

We do prefer the summer, but...yes we need a break from this heat.

Hey, how did you get that US  map added below your signature?

If you do an internet search for “map of states visited” you’ll get several options.  I’m not sure which on I use, but they are all about the same.  Use a small size so the map doesn’t overwhelm your signature!  If you need help inserting it in to your signature, let me know!

Here’s one: https://m.maploco.com/visited-states/

Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Hey folks.

Ya'll sound like seasoned RVers.  What places in Texas have you liked best?  I regret never going to Big Bend, and hope to remedy that. 

Jeff & Cindy - NE Arkansas - 2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

I'm sure there are some on this forum that have camped more than we have.  But yeah, we've been at it for a while.  Hands down Big Bend is the best!  We lived near there (Ft. Stockton) for many years so it was a popular spot.

We like our state parks!

• Mission Tejas
  • Guadalupe river
  • Tyler

This is just a few that we really have enjoyed and stayed at multiple times.

• Like 2

Bobby and Nadine |Hull 1307| 2023 LE II| 2017 Ram 3500 4X4

ALARCOGAILINKYLAMSMONHNMNYNCOHOKPATNTXVT