Shower not draining

Hello, We are out again for a longer time. The shower is not draining after showers today. I can’t seem to find a thread on this problem. Seems I read to lower the back of the trailer? We are taking it in for service tomorrow. I wonder if there is a filter that needs checked.  We have dogs who do shed a bit and I rinse down the hair instead of sweeping the shower pan 🤔.

Thank you,

Linda Shields

Elite 11 2016

2016 Oliver Elite 2 #111 Tow vehicle Porsche Cayenne 2008

States Visited Map

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
1 hour ago, LindaShields said:

We have dogs who do shed a bit and I rinse down the hair instead of sweeping the shower pan 🤔.

Well, just like in your home’s shower, there is a J shaped trap that stays full of water to keep out sewer odors, if the tank valve is open (handle pulled forward)  and the tank isn’t full, there isn’t much left to cause this except a clog. I don’t recommend caustic stuff like Draino, that could damage the seals in the tank valve. Maybe someone else can suggest an “RV safe” drain cleaner.

Don’t let hair go down there! And don’t let food go down the kitchen drain either, both will cause stinky odors and problems with the valves. The outside shower is the best way to rinse off a dog…,

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 6

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: 

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Thanks, we must have a clog. We are taking it in for maintenance tomorrow and will add that to the list. We drained grey and black before we took showers. I was not clear about dog. I don’t wash my dogs in there. What has gone down is just the normal shedding they do that floats in the air along with dirt tracked in despite a rug. We will be more careful if this going forward ! We are at Fort Robinson,NE. It is a very nice campground. Good spacing between sites. We have a view of prairie, buttes and wildflowers( some bugs and bees getting in with door opening).

• Like 3

2016 Oliver Elite 2 #111 Tow vehicle Porsche Cayenne 2008

States Visited Map

I use these to get hair out of traps.

https://drainweasel.com/

I throw them away rather than clean them. I keep a 3-pack in the Oliver and at home. The kids even got them in their stockings one Christmas🎅🏻

Like the old saying goes “Unclog a man’s drain and you help them that day. Teach a man to unclog his own drain and you help them for a lifetime.”

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Bill and Martha

2018 LEII Hull 313

2019 Chevrolet 2500HD Duramax

• Moderator+
45 minutes ago, Townesw said:

Like the old saying goes “Unclog a man’s drain and you help them that day. Teach a man to unclog his own drain and you help them for a lifetime.”

And you won't have to do it again for him.

• Haha 3

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg