Jacks grease type and application process

I know I have previously  seen information on what type of grease to use and how to apply to the three jacks...but I can not find the information now. Where should look for a narrative and/or video to service the three jacks?

Thanks.

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 1242, 9/26/22

Lithium Platinum Power/Solar Package

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

F-150 GCWR of 16,900 lbs with maximum load trailer of 11,500 lbs.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

Thanks for the video information. Is there some information somewhere on grease application to the rear jacks?

2022 Oliver Legacy Elite II, Hull 1242, 9/26/22

Lithium Platinum Power/Solar Package

Tow with Supercrew Cab 2019 F-150 4 x4, 5.0L 4-Valve V8 with 3.73 axle ratio & 157" wheelbase.

F-150 GCWR of 16,900 lbs with maximum load trailer of 11,500 lbs.

On 10/19/2023 at 11:17 AM, Rivernerd said:

Rivernerd:

Thanks for posting this video. For future reference, I tried to find it in the Resosurces section under Service videos of the forum and could not find it.

Is it only on YouTube and not on the Oliver Web Site?

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

On 10/20/2023 at 4:54 AM, Gliddenwoods said:

Thanks for the video information. Is there some information somewhere on grease application to the rear jacks?

The procedure is the same for the rear jacks as for the front.  The rear jacks are accessed through the lift-out panels under the bed or beds.

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

This OTT Service video is just about useless! If that's all you're going to do, don't bother, they would be better off sealed and left alone. 

@John E Davies wrote a how-to video. Then check page 2 where I added my update. I'm believe I'm the only one who worked the complete service, since where you really need new grease is under the gears and there is another step in removing them (see pic). What it looks like by merely removing the cover is insufficient, as you would not even see the worn grease underneath.

Check out this link and when you're done, watch the service video again for grins. 🤣

IMG_1492.JPG

• Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• 3 weeks later...

Although I use CV-2 grease on lots of things, I recommend staying with the Barker OEM grease (Mobil SHC Mobility SHC PM 460.  I purchased it from Amazon.  Reason is that to convert to CV-2 can be a true PITA to get it all.... and I do not recommend mixing greases.  Here are items I recommend you have:

Items Needed:

·        Cans of CRC Green  (NOT RED) due to plastics

·        New Gaskets:  Barker MFG Model Number 32453 https://www.barkermfg.com/  Gasket part # 29306 (3 Each).  They sent me some at no charge.  Be sure to tell them you are an Oliver owner!

·        Grease:  Mobil SHC Mobilith SHC PM 460 (Amazon Prime). 

·        Silver Paint Marker

·        Black Nylon Ties

·        2 OZ Syringe (Optional)

·        5/32” Allen Wrench

·        5/16” and 3/8” sockets for ¼” Drive Ratchet

While you are servicing the jacks, be sure to also check their mounting bolts.  Attached are summaries on "how to" that I downloaded.  Cuddo's to John Davies for the original posts, and others for some of the edits.

GJ

VIP 3000 Front Jack Service.docx VIP 3000 Rear Jack Mounting Bolts.docx VIP 3000 REAR Jack Service.docx

• Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg