Victron Inverter

FLYnGATOR

Has anyone heard if OTT has switched  2023 production from Xantrex  to Victron inverter equipment?

I heard a rumor that they had, to enhance compatibility between the inverter and battery Victron Battery Monitor.

Mark

FLGAINKYNCOHPASCTNVAWVmed.jpg

Mark & Claudia

“Mr. Douglas” 2024 LE ll twin, hull # 1457, Truma AC & WH, Platinum solar, Natures Head

2024 Ford f250 Lariat Ultimate 7.3L gasser / 3.75, FX4

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale

According to this forum in the Oliver Service Center General Knowledge section they are still listing Xantrex

2018 Oliver Elite II, Twin Bed, Hull #354 

2024 RAM 1500, 4 x 4; Gas. 5.7L V8 Hemi MDS VVT Torque; 3.21 rear axle ratio

Maine 

• Moderator+

Oliver is currently still using the Xantrex inverter/charger. At one time I believe they investigated the Victron I/C for improved compatibility but I think that weight or space was an issue. 

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Lucy, Maggie and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Thanks!

Have most owners been pleased with the Xantrex?

Mark

FLGAINKYNCOHPASCTNVAWVmed.jpg

Mark & Claudia

“Mr. Douglas” 2024 LE ll twin, hull # 1457, Truma AC & WH, Platinum solar, Natures Head

2024 Ford f250 Lariat Ultimate 7.3L gasser / 3.75, FX4

We're just six months in but to date the Xantrex 3000w inverter charger on board has been flawless. The Bluetooth app is easy to use and makes adjustments to the charge rate a simple process. If we have to plug into a 15 or 20 amp outlet the change only takes seconds on the app. I too was toying with the thought of "upgrading" to the Victron down the road but if the Xantrex continues satisfactorily it will stay in place until it dies. I would be interested though to compare the efficiency of each brand and model in the interest of wasting less power while inverting. 

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

57 minutes ago, Ollie-Haus said:

We're just six months in but to date the Xantrex 3000w inverter charger on board has been flawless.

Same here, was also thinking of switching to the Victron Multiplus, but 5 months in and so far happy with the Xantrex. Like @Ollie-Haus will keep it until it dies. I do like the Victron multiplies power assist feature, ie. If more power is needed to run devices that is available from shore power, the Multiplus can pull the additional power from the battery bank, and add that power to the under performing shore power connection…..like so beautifully  explained in the attached video by Nate from Exploristlife! 

And of course you cannot set up a network with the Xantrex and GX Cerbo

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

Funny thing is I already have six apps to monitor systems on our Oliver and for the most part they are on the phone just in case. I really don't do very much with them other than take a look once in a while. Having the GX Cerbo sounds nice but the stuff I monkey with the most are already on the Truma control. So like the inverter/charger, it would really just be a replacement. I do love the Victron equipment and also wouldn't be surprised if Oliver continues to move that way in the future. 

• Like 2

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

I explored a victron multi plus as a means to run our Truma  ac with a single Honda EU2200.  I had some concern that the multi plus would not accommodate the in rush of current needed for compressor startup. Does anyone have any experience with this or a similar setup?  

Robert and Cheryl, Louisville, KY, Legacy Elite II Hull #1390 Oliphino, TV F250 Tremor

• Moderators

@Rolind, victron customer service is really good. I'd call them.

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.