Dometic AC Heat Strip

John Dorrer

Hull #1045, 2022 E-2

I had forgotten all about this. It recently came up in the discussion on changing AC units.

How do you use this feature?  The only things I remember is you use it to take the chill off in the trailer and it runs off electric. 

I want to know what the parameters are for its use and how to activate it. 

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

No heat pump in our Truma.😔 In our AS we had a ducted Dometic AC with heat pump, so the heat pump being part of the AC pumped heat through the ducts. It was good to use down to approx. 42 deg. Fahrenheit, and I loved it.

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

We have a 2019 EII and ours is activated with the wall control and shows as another option to select just like the A/C or furnace. It's nice to have another heat option (especially if you're running low on propane) and we sometimes use it in conjunction with an electric heater that we plug in next to the closet. We, of course, use our furnace when it's really cold outside to keep us as well as the trailer components warm.

• Like 3

Joe and Mindy ▪️ 2019 Legacy Elite II ▪️ Hull 457

ALAZARFLILKYLAMSMONMOKTNTXUT99FFFFsm.jpg

10 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

No heat strip in our 2022 Dometic A/C. Hull 1150. Wish there was.

Maybe the 2022's don't have them. I need to check with Oliver to verify.

John & Susan Dorrer, 2013 F250, 6.2 gasser, 4x4, 2022 Legacy Elite 2, twin beds, Hull #1045, Jolli Olli

-ALARCOIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMAMIMNMSMOMTNENHNY

11 hours ago, Steph and Dud B said:

No heat strip in our 2022 Dometic A/C. Hull 1150. Wish there was.

FYI:  We added a heat strip in our previous camper's non-ducted Coleman Mach 8 AC unit - easy install and we loved it.  Dometic Penguin II has a heat strip kit also (from Amazon) that may work for your unit - best to double check with Dometic or OTT Factory to be sure.  Definitely worth examining, IMO.

Screenshot2023-11-08at06_52_10.thumb.png.620ab56217ff3eaab165ace6dd34324c.png

Our Hull #226 has a heat strip installed before we bought it and came in very handy last weekend with morning temps in the Hi 30's - Lo 40F's, FYI.  We control the Dometic with a Breeze Air Touch Screen thermostat - it's 100% compatible with the furnace and AC unit, we've got it set to cycle between the two for ease of maintaining internal temps where we like it...

Cheers!

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

• Moderators

Our old dometic had a heat strip. Since the penguin ii can be purchased with a heat strip, I'd be surprised if you couldn't add one, as MAX Burner suggested. 

I'd open a service ticket, or check with dometic.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.