• Moderators

Safe travels to you and your wife! That's a wonderful early Christmas gift to each other. 

Looking forward to your delivery photos. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
1 hour ago, SeaDawg said:

Safe travels to you and your wife! That's a wonderful early Christmas gift to each other. 

Looking forward to your delivery photos. 

We talked about this being our Christmas gift to one another and decided to not go all out on other gifts except for socks and stuff.  

I will upload some delivery photos, but it may be a few days after the excitement wears off.  

31 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

It will be quite a Christmas present!  Enjoy your pick up and orientation!  Mike

Thanks, y'all.  

• Like 2

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Diesel 4X4 Truck

2024 Oliver Legacy Elite II Hull 1460

ARILINIAKSKYLAMIMNMONMOHOKPASDTNTXVAmed.

• Moderators
13 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

And just like that, the wait is over.  I've been planning this trip for over a month now.  Part of my incessant need to control every outcome.  However, in the last few days I've been increasing the activity.  I just washed my truck and ceramic coated it.  Cleaned out the inside.  I don't know, there is something nice about travelling in a clean vehicle.

Absolutely!

My wife simply can not understand why I insist on cleaning a vehicle the day before departing on a trip.  Even if the weather forecast is for rain - I'll still clean it.  I tell her that this process gives me one last chance to really look it over to make sure that there are no problems.  But, the truth is, "there is something nice about travelling in a clean vehicle.".

Most of us here on the Forum have been down the road you are now taking.  Excitement, excitement, excitement!  And, we still love reliving that.  Be safe on the road, relax, get plenty of rest.  Delivery day will get you very tired and you simply can not remember all the "stuff" that will be thrown your way.  Don't worry about it.  The folks at Oliver are just a few steps away for questions, repairs, adjustments, etc..  There is a WalMart and Tractor Supply straight down the street for anything you forgot or need.  If you like Mexican restaurants then there is a fairly good one also straight down the street in the little strip mall on your right as you enter the WalMart parking area.

Ask your sales contact and/or the person doing your delivery to introduce you to Rodney Lomax and/or Scott Oliver if they are in the area.  Both are - like the rest of the gang at Oliver - down to earth and easy to talk to.

Finally, we are here for you.  If the guys/gals at Oliver have left for the day, you can always post a question here.  With this in mind - don't forget to get the "guest" WiFi passcode before the end of the day.

Bill

Edited by topgun2
spelling
  • Like 5

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

1 hour ago, topgun2 said:

Absolutely!

My wife simply can not understand why I insist on cleaning a vehicle the day before departing on a trip.  Even if the weather forecast is for rain - I'll still clean it.  I tell her that this process gives me one last chance to really look it over to make sure that there are no problems.  But, the truth is, "there is something nice about travelling in a clean vehicle.".

Most of us here on the Forum have been down the road you are now taking.  Excitement, excitement, excitement!  And, we still love reliving that.  Be safe on the road, relax, get plenty of rest.  Delivery day will get you very tired and you simply can not remember all the "stuff" that will be thrown your way.  Don't worry about it.  The folks at Oliver are just a few steps away for questions, repairs, adjustments, etc..  There is a WalMart and Tractor Supply straight down the street for anything you forgot or need.  If you like Mexican restaurants then there is a fairly good one also straight down the street in the little strip mall on your right as you enter the WalMart parking area.

Ask your sales contact and/or the person doing your delivery to introduce you to Rodney Lomax and/or Scott Oliver if they are in the area.  Both are - like the rest of the gang at Oliver - down to earth and easy to talk to.

Finally, we are here for you.  If the guys/gals at Oliver have left for the day, you can always post a question here.  With this in mind - don't forget to get the "guest" WiFi passcode before the end of the day.

Bill

Bill, I wondered if I was the only one that liked to wash the car before a trip regardless of the weather forecast.  Nice to know that I am not alone.

John

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators
1 hour ago, John Welte said:

Nice to know that I am not alone.

How can "we" ever be alone with all those voices in my head?😁

• Haha 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

14 hours ago, topgun2 said:

Absolutely!

Bill

I am one of those guys that has to keep his vehicle looking and smelling like it just rolled off the showroom floor.  Of course, it gets dirty from daily use, and we do eat in our vehicles, but periodically, I get that itch to detail it to perfection.  It just so happens that it always happens before the trip.  Now that you mention it, I do believe my cleaning routine may just be a subconscious way to verify that it is in good working order.  Regardless, I travel much more comfortably and calmly in an immaculately clean vehicle.  

We are planning on leaving on Sunday now (my wife's idea).  We will stay in a hotel in Hot Springs, AR.  Any good things to do there with a dog, anyone?  Then travel the remaining distance on Monday before our appointment on Tuesday. 

I know that the excitement of finally getting our Christmas present will eventually wear off, but this trailer really is a means to an end not the end itself.  At the end of the day, it is a tool to allow us to do the things we love.

• Like 5

• Moderators

Woodland Gardens near Hot  springs is beautiful.  The chapel is amazing.

I just looked up winter hours. No dogs, unfortunately, during the winter hours.

https://www.garvangardens.org/

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

9 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

Woodland Gardens near hit springs is beautiful.  The chapel is amazing.

I just looked up winter hours. No dogs, unfortunately. 

https://www.garvangardens.org/

Thanks.  That looks incredible.  May have to try it next time around.

• Moderators
8 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

I know that the excitement of finally getting our Christmas present will eventually wear off, but this trailer really is a means to an end not the end itself.  At the end of the day, it is a tool to allow us to do the things we love.

Boy - I know that I'm treading on a knife's edge with what I'm about to say, but, hope that you (and perhaps my wife) will understand what I'm trying to say.

My relationship with my Ollie has progressed in a similar manner to the relationship with my wife.  Of course these relationships are on different levels.  The complexities that one has in dealing with any other human being are much more complicated that they could possibly be with a machine.  I too remember that excitement of when "we" first met and while some of that excitement has waned over the past 49 years it still isn't gone.  But, instead it has developed into what I like to think is a deeper even more "connected" feeling.  In a similar way, I now understand my Ollie better.  I know what sounds it makes and how it is supposed to look and feel.  I understand it's systems better.  I've grown more and more comfortable with virtually everything about it and why it was originally designed the way it was.  In turn, this allows me to be more relaxed and confident in what to expect and what it demands of me.  I much prefer this deeper, more "connected" feeling.  I'm simply not sure that I could still handle that initial excitement anymore.  But, it sure is still fun to remember and from time to time ........

Bill

• Like 3

Near Asheville, NC

11 hours ago, topgun2 said:

I too remember that excitement of when "we" first met and while some of that excitement has waned over the past 49 years it still isn't gone.  But, instead it has developed into what I like to think is a deeper even more "connected" feeling. 

My favorite English professor in college used to write romantic stuff to his wife.  He once wrote their initial relationship was like "sweet wine," but that over the years as the relationship deepened, she became more essential, like "morning bread."  He reported that the "morning bread" analogy was not well received...

• Haha 4

Hull #1291

Central Idaho

2022 Elite II

Tow Vehicle:  2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

ARCOIDNMOKORTNTXUTsm.jpg

3 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

I picked up on Tuesday but it doesn’t seem to like 20amp power.  The power keeps shutting off and turning back continuously. Trying to figure it out. 

I think they're designed for 30 amp service.  I don't have any problems with 30 amp.  What are the big power draws at the moment?  

John

• Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

14 hours ago, Jason Foster said:

I picked up on Tuesday but it doesn’t seem to like 20amp power.  The power keeps shutting off and turning back continuously. Trying to figure it out. 

Is there a chance you have a wiring fault at the receptacle you’re plugging into?

By 20 amp, I assume you’re referring to a typical residential outlet.  We use a short adapter to connect our Ollie (via a heavy duty extension) to the wall outlets in our shop.  

• Like 1

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

On 12/23/2023 at 9:47 PM, John Welte said:

I think they're designed for 30 amp service.  I don't have any problems with 30 amp.  What are the big power draws at the moment?  

John

The only power draw was the Xantrex. My wife and I got sick with an upper respiratory virus so we packed up and came home. I haven’t plugged it in here yet. 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2023 at 8:31 AM, Wandering Sagebrush said:

Is there a chance you have a wiring fault at the receptacle you’re plugging into?

Very likely. My parents fancy themselves as a jack of all trades. I checked their wiring with my mom’s 20 year old voltmeter but it was probably just as faulty as the wire and breaker. I finally gave up on it. The batteries stayed charged enough before we left for home 

• Like 1