Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 06/30/2016 in all areas

  1. The issue with posting should be resolved. Let me know if anyone else has issues with this.
    1 point
  2. After I designed the risers for storage under the twin beds in our Outlaw Oliver build (hull #50), I worked with Steve Parsons at the factory to come up with a divider to separate the bed on the galley side from the cooking area. It is made from a piece of 3/4" thick material that is like a cutting board. Very slick and wipes clean easily. These pictures were not taken with illustrating the divider in mind but show what it looks like. [attachment file=DSC_0112.JPG] [attachment file=DSC_0476.JPG] [attachment file=DSC_1598.JPG]
    1 point
  3. Cool, I hope you enjoy your new truck. I am really interested in owner feedback for this new Cummins engine. Please post some updates as you get some miles on it. I would love to see this engine offered in the lighter duty Ram pickups, especially a Power Wagon, but I think that will never happen. The new Titan seems to be a very nice choice, with good build quality. I _strongly_ suggest that you always use a high quality diesel fuel treatment; if you want a recommendation let me know. And swap out the fuel filter for a better one, if necessary, 5 microns or finer. I don't know the micron rating of the OEM one. A Cummins will run forever if you keep it happy with very clean fuel and air. The OEM Mopar filters for the old 5.9 are not the greatest. It would be good to find out if the new filters will cross reference to the Cummins 6.7 filters. That would open up a lot of possibilities. Genos Garage is a great resource, but they don't show anything yet for your motor. Whatever you decide, be sure to put together a travel break-down kit, with at least a new engine air filter, fuel filter, serpentine belt, serpentine tensioner(s), and whatever else the Titan forums recommend. As a Beta tester, you probably understand better than I that OEM and aftermarket engine parts will not be real common for this new V8 for a few years. This is off topic: I see you have a Hobie kayak, how do you plan to carry it? Roof rack? What type? I have been really interested in the Hobie Tandem Island, but at almost 19 feet long, transport while towing a travel trailer is an issue since it is as long as my truck. It would require a custom roof rack for my Ram 3500 5.9 crew cab short bed with Leer canopy, maybe an "outside the cap" external construction ladder rack along with the Hobie cradles? Any advice? These are very cool: .... http://ryderracks.com/ladder-racks/ .... just don't let salt water drip on your truck! Enjoy your new toy. John Davies Spokane WA
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • Aaron Wolters earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • DBL-R went up a rank
      Explorer
    • DBL-R earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • GregCA went up a rank
      Rookie
    • Jcraig earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • OliverTheCountry earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • GregCA earned a badge
      First Post
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Chuck and Beth went up a rank
      Rookie
    • BigTexas earned a badge
      Very Popular
    • chris44 earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Gorby earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • Dean and Mary went up a rank
      Rookie
    • KCR earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Edwin and Peggy earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • TC-Starrysky earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Tbartek earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • dmorningcall earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • CWP earned a badge
      One Month Later
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information