Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 12/30/2016 in all areas

  1. We decided on this TV model: ZYCOM ZFD22WHDMI 22 INCH OVERHEAD FLIP DOWN MONITOR WITH HDMI INPUT. Yes, it is a 22-inch, but in my opinion a 22'' screen is large enough for viewing from the lounging space on the bed(s). Too large can be a waste of money without gaining much in quality of the picture. After reading up on the subject, today's monitors with increased pixels provide ample clarity in color and depth. The 22" monitor is what has come standard in 30' Airstream bedrooms for years, and we found it a perfect size from the bed, and easy on the eyes. The other consideration for this model was the physical space used under that bulkhead over the nightstand. The monitor we bought folds up to a depth of only 1-5/8". This is neat and compact. Lastly, Jason investigated this model and concluded that this was a good choice, being that it is 12 volt and has HDMI input. Jason also confirmed that this model is well within the rules to comply with the egress window specifications. Next, we have had experience with Furrion radios and did not find them to be user friendly. After owning 4 Airstreams and the last two having a Polk Audio system, we decided we wanted a Polk system in our Ollie as well. This is the model: Polk Ultramarine WB/USB/SiriusXM Ready/iPod & iPhone Ready/Bluetooth with App Control. Note that this unit is marine grade and has Sirius capability. We love our Sirius for music and weather when up in the mountains where only Satellite is available. (An annual Sirius radio subscription is very inexpensive compared to a TV satellite subscription, and we find it even more helpful/entertaining.) Jason investigated this radio and agrees that it will be an easy swap-out. Note that this is considered an upgrade, but from previous experiences, we feel it is worth it. Lastly, the DVD/Blu-Ray. Will purchase and drop ship to Jason, as we have the other items. We chose a middle of the road player. Not as concerned with a high-end model since we don't use the DVD as often as our Apple TV (or my Sirius 60's tunes serenading cocktail hour as we watch the sunset over the mountains.) The DVD player is not 12 volt, and I am not sure if such a thing is even available. Again, this does not concern me, as we will use our DVD less often than most. To me, it is more important that the television & radio system be 12 volt. All of this is included on our work order and accepted by OTT. Thus, it is their responsibility to get the wiring and functionality correct. I hope this helps in your decision-making. My decisions were mostly personal, and I am no expert.
    1 point
  2. I'm late to this discussion, but I have information to share. My 2016 Elite II has the standard water heater. I talked to Jason Essary yesterday about possibly installing the tankless water heater when I visit the factory after the 2017 rally. The major advantage of the tankless heater is that you don't have to wait for the water heater to heat water for a shower, washing dishes, etc. when you first establish a camp. That's about it in terms of performance. Once the water is hot in the standard water heater, you only wait a couple of seconds more for hot water to flow through your shower or faucet. Based on that info, I decided to stick with my standard water heater. I use propane to heat the water quickly even if I have an electrical hookup. It rarely takes more than 45 minutes or so. If I need to replace my water heater in the future, I'll consider the tankless heater, but I won't spend the money to replace a functioning water heater.
    1 point
  3. I think there is some plagiarism going on. It seems that pictures and stories posted in the forum are showing up on a Facebook site. And I don't see that the original authors are being recognized for their contributions. The pictures may not be copyrighted, but it usually considered good manners to ask to use somebody else's work. It is not allowed in public schools, private schools, government , private businesses or most places we all associate with. I enjoy reading the 108 pages of stories going back 8 years or so, but will have to restrain posting about things we learn from these and our pending new Oliver...
    1 point
  4. I posted the same question back in September. I was concerned about insurance. You have to make a pest out of yourself, call weekly. Very disappointed in that part of the Oliver experience.
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • ERIC B earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • joman earned a badge
      One Year In
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Year In
    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • FirstApex earned a badge
      Dedicated
    • Aaron Wolters earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • DBL-R went up a rank
      Explorer
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information