Leaderboard
Popular Content
Showing content with the highest reputation on 04/08/2017 in Posts
-
When we built our home we chose a quality custom builder with a great reputation. Before we took possession we did a walk through with him and found a number of things that needed to be addressed. After we moved in, there were other issues that we found. In all cases he took care of the deficiencies. He lived up to his reputation. When we picked up our trailer we found a few issues during our orientation with Tommy. Once we had a few weeks and months of camping we found some more issues. In all cases Oliver has taken care of the deficiencies. One last item is scheduled to be addressed while we're at the Rally. To me, Oliver has lived up to their reputation of building the best fiberglass trailer on the market and standing behind their product. I think it is unrealistic to expect every trailer to be perfect. I do think it is realistic to trust Oliver to correct deficiencies. In our case, they paid for our extra night at Fall Hollow B&B, mailed replacement parts to our home and paid a local RV repair facility to work on our trailer. Never any disputes. I don't know the inner workings of the Oliver factory, but I do think a dedicated QC person with authority and clout could prevent some of the issues we're seeing. But, considering that they've only built a couple hundred trailers I think they're doing pretty well. Mike4 points
-
I believe so, too, Overland. At least two other owners adopted the same wheels and tires in 2012, and the people I've spoken to are very happy with the results. I may use a different Michelin tires, though. Haven't decided on that yet. Pete's post details the correct specs for wheels and bolt pattern, which saved me a lot of time. Sherry1 point
-
I think you guys have hit the nail on the head. What I've seen over the past 3-4 months from Oliver shows all the signs of a company with growing pains. Increasing production is tough. Finding new employees is tough, especially in a small town. Training them is tough. Promoting people into new positions is tough. Do all of these at once, and you end up with short screws and plastic cutouts in the black tank. Though I'm sure it's frustrating and I agree it's not acceptable, at least so far these have all been small problems that are easily remedied.1 point
-
One of the things that really is interesting to me is that in the first 10 years they built 200 trailers with ours #200 being finished February 9th. And now 2 months later they're up in the 240's. This is really ramping up the line this year, and it really showed while we were there. The Sales Office workers had been brought back into the factory, so they felt out of place for the time being until their office is remodeled, Tommy had quit a couple weeks before, so we never met him. Jason had been thrown into the Service Managers position, before the new gal, is her name Tracy?, was hired. Anita was filling in for Jason as Salesman... And they were building a new custom trailer for Jim Oliver also and he picked his up at the same time we picked up ours. So we went from Jason to Anita as our salesman 3/4 of the way thru, and then after the paperwork was done and they had finally finished our trailer at the end of the day, Jason walked us thru the trailer partially and then took us over to Fall Hollow and he helped me set up quickly just before dark. We didn't hook up the sewer and we just filled the water tank to check the pump because it had already been a long day for everyone. Basically because they hadn't finished buffing out the rough spots when we got there and hadn't put in our extra outlets where we wanted them so there were 4 guys still working on our trailer when we got there. Plus Jason didn't need to go thru everything with me because this is our 5th trailer and I told him not to bother because of other things he had going on at the same time also. But every time we've called since we picked up the trailer, Jason has been right there to help in any way he can and that's the kind of service that keeps people coming back :)1 point
-
The other windows on mine are all connected. The rubber gasket the window slides on would slide with the window when you tried to close. I could force it closed but my wife could not. After my repair it slides easily like the others. I'm pretty sure yours should be.1 point
-
Reed and Karen, I applaud your enthusiasm! I agree we have purchased a great fiberglass trailer! Sometimes it can be a challenge to maintain a positive mental attitude and you do that better than most. I would like to take a moment to add an observation. Last summer when I took delivery of my Ollie, Tommy served as the OTT Customer Services Manager. He understood the value of tracking customer concerns and identified issues related to the factory assembly, the component quality or the customer training. He participated in the delivery day training, was an active member of our Forum and the key interface between the customer and the factory. I remember vividly how Tommy added value to me and future owners as he understood two key issues that surrounded me and other owners last summer. At the time, we were being challenged by the complexity of the Blue Sky controller/monitor as well as the Andersen weight distribution hitch. We resolved our Blue Sky issues, but our efforts highlighted the need for gear which would help owners feel more successful. Although I love my Blue Sky gear, I believe the transition to Zamp gear is best for improved customer service. On the Andersen WDH issues, it was clear we needed guidance from the Andersen company, so Tommy brought Sage to our Forum. As an Andersen technician, Sage brought great insights. I understand key personnel can come and go within any organization, but the function of a Customer Services Manager transcends individuals and helps existing and future owners. Now this is not the first time I have stated this observation. In the interest of attempting to emulate the superb positive mental attitude demonstrated by Reed and Karen, I will reflect on a saying my mother taught me as a young man. She said, “Buzzy, you cannot give an organization something it does not want”. Perhaps our collective knowledge is something OTT does not want. Like yourself, I will use 2017 to simply help owners as well as prospective owners and go camping! Sounds like worthy goals indeed! ???? Buzzy1 point
-
I use the same grinder as GrayGhost, it is awesome and highly recommended. I also settled on drip coffee because I love the flavor plus cleanup is so easy and requires minimal water. I got the Kalita drip cone as it's stainless steel and also very beautiful to look at. They make two sizes depending on quantity of brew. I drip right into my insulated mug, ahhhh. :) https://www.amazon.com/Kalita-05033-Wave-185-Drippers/dp/B000X1AM0Y/ref=sr_1_2?s=home-garden&ie=UTF8&qid=1491590233&sr=1-2&keywords=kalita+stainless+steel I'm mostly a tea drinker at home, but while on the road traveling, a good cup of coffee is hard to beat! Dave1 point
-
Al my past issues with slooooooooooow page loading (and complete hangups) are gone. The forums are now fast and easy to use, thank you. Will it stay this way? John Davies Spokane WA1 point
-
Torque Specifications WHEEL LUG NUTS: 90 - 120ft lbs. Note: Oliver has set 110ft lbs as the standard as of 2023 year models & older. BULLDOG COUPLER: 80 ft lbs AXLE/U-BOLTS: 70 ft lbs SHACKLE BOLTS: 40 ft lbs1 point
-
Recent Achievements
