Oliver leaking

Nan

This time an RV tech came and said the little round lights were leaking between the silver ring and the bulb. Ordered lights from e-trailer. Installed lights. Put water hose on back side of Oliver AGAIN. Still leaking. Ripped off the insulation and found the water coming from the damn Oliver sign AGAIN. Caulked everything one more time, but this time put white duck tape over the whole sign. Grandson will fix this when I get back from camping and this time will use J B Weld. I am so sick and tired of this camper leaking.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

What year is that trailer?  Looks like maybe a 2017. 

2019 Elite II (Hull 505 - Galway Girl - August 7, 2019 Delivery) 
Tow Vehicle: 2021 F350 King Ranch, FX4, MaxTow Package, 10 Speed, 3.55 Rear Axle
Batteries Upgrade: Dual 315GTX Lithionics Lithiums - 630AH Total
Inverter/Charger: Xantrex 2000Pro 

Travel BLOG:  https://4-ever-hitched.com

IMG_5421.jpeg.c1f697a00240a9bd6729b0930bd3a4aa.jpeg

Hull 267. Very poor design. Should have been solid fiberglass. with no Oliver sign or little lights. And I am not the only one that has had many problems with those.

• Like 1

Would seem that since the water proofing (caulk) is on the inside, that using a below the water line marine product would be in order.   Maybe?

GJ

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

Grandson did that today before he put white duck tape over the whole sign.I am scheduled to go camping in a few days for 2 weeks and I was just going to cancel, but decided to rig it and just camp.I camp with a bunch of "Sisters on the Fly" ladies and most of them only paid a couple thousand dollars for their 30 year old campers..but you know what??? Theirs do not leak!!!

3 hours ago, Nan said:

Should have been solid fiberglass. with no Oliver sign or little lights.

The red clearance lights are required by law. The Oliver sign is not. 

• Like 1

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

On 3/9/2024 at 4:02 PM, Nan said:

Hull 267. Very poor design. Should have been solid fiberglass. with no Oliver sign or little lights. And I am not the only one that has had many problems with those.

My sign also leaked,  I agree should have been solid fiberglass, a simple fix.  

2021 Oliver Elite II, Hull # 867,    Shiloh, IL

2022 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0L Diesel, CarbonPro

IMG_0398.jpeg

• Moderators
4 hours ago, Nan said:

Wondering if a fiberglass boat repair business could take the Oliver sign out. 

Yes.

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Honestly, Oliver should redesign the entire top back. Remove the Oliver sign, move the three red clearance lights to the top of that area, and mount the rearview camera below the clearance lights. The way it's set up now, the red glow from the trolley sign and clearance lights prevents the camera from switching into night mode, basically making it useless after dark. I've had the same camera in previous trailers and it works pretty well in night mode, but not on the Oliver.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 3

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

• 5 weeks later...