Dometic D21 Drop-In Cooktop Cast Iron Grate Feet Part Number ID?

Posted (edited)

No idea when and where they disappeared, but two of the rubber feet on the bottom of the cast iron grate have gone missing. Dometic's manual and web site don't have any information, and an online search provides a lot of grommet options, but none look like what's on our grate. Has anyone found a good replacement?

Thanks!

Edited by Steve Morris

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

• The title was changed to Dometic D21 Drop-In Cooktop Cast Iron Grate Feet Part Number ID?
travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators
Posted (edited)

I couldn't find the correct grommet, so I checked my collection of cabinet door bumpers, and used some of those. 

Edited by SeaDawg
  • Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

6 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

No idea when and where they disappeared, but two of the rubber feet on the bottom of the cast iron grate have gone missing. Dometic's manual and web site don't have any information, and an online search provides a lot of grommet options, but none look like what's on our grate. Has anyone found a good replacement?

Thanks!

We found 2 in our top drawer :)  They push through the hole too easily.

John

• Like 3

Oliver II #996 "Bessie", 2019 Silverado LTZ 5.3, Veterans

https://wenandjohnsadventure.com/

Posted (edited)

Ours were missing as well. Just replaced with some of these (link)  Silicone bumpers from Amazon. They work perfect and the extras are in the spare parts kit in the trailer. 

81fjb32jElL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Edited by Ollie-Haus
  • Thanks 1
  • Like 2

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

11 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

Has anyone found a good replacement?

Steve, we've got a wide selection of grommets - if a grommet is what you need, we'll bring them to the rally and you can file through the collection.  Never know.

• Like 4

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Posted (edited)

Steve,

Cameron (above) was right to call OTT Service and ask them about it.  One thing I have learned is, even for something like this...
If OTT Svc gets enough 'svc tickets' on a particular issue owners are experiencing, they 'May' contact the source and ask, or request a bunch of those parts, for when owners call and need a fix, or at least have a better idea about the part (number-description) in question. 

We experienced the same thing.  We also lost some metal pins which are on the underside of the grate.  
The 'rubber cushions & pins' were usually found separately in the top drawer just below the stove... until we didn't find them.  
We ended up replacing the entire D21, for a different issue.

I did contact Dometic Customer Support Center at 
    customersupportcenter@dometic.com 
about the other 'stove issue', it took a while for the reply, but it did answer my question.

I just went out to SNYSDUP and looked at our brand new D21, not used since installation. 
It is missing a rubber pad that cushions the glass top... I will now look at the old D21 for a possible cushion, or find/make one to fit.

The other thing I just noticed was, now that the new grate has the pins in it, the metal pins 'seat into' the rubber cushions
So, I could have 'popped one out' at some point when removing the grate and not even noticed that. 
So the rubber pads have a hole that the 'grate pin' fits into.  The reason I mention this is, 'just any' rubber pad may not be the best fit.  You will find/figure that out.

If you contact DCSC, send some pics of the stove corners where the cushions are/were located. 
That may help them better understand what you are looking for.

Best of luck,

B~Out

update with (2) pics.
    one shows pin on underside of Grate,
    the other is of the D21 bumper pads.  Larger one 'receives the pins', you can barely make out the hole in the pad, the smaller is for the Glass Top.

IMG_2642.JPEG

IMG_2644.JPEG

Edited by SNY SD UP
Added two pics of 'Grate Pins' & 'Grate Bumper pads'
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 2

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

@Steve Morris - Hey, Steve; good morning.  If still needed, we can swing by later this AM with a wide selection of grommets that you can have a "look-see" - there may be ones in there that may fit.

Cheers,

A & D

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

• 2022 TUNDRA

I’m sorry that I never updated this question! I did indeed find the missing grate grommet in the drawer below. I’m embarrassed to say that it never occurred to me to look in the most obvious place. 

And thanks for the offer Art, and for popping this post back in my notifications. But I’m all set for now. You’re still welcome to drop in any time. 

• Like 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

No worries, Steve - will swing by with the 2 knuckleheads later on today... 😎

• Like 1

• 2022 TUNDRA