Searching for info to reseal large windows

Using Google and the forum search, I cannot find any info about pulling out the large windows to properly reseal them.  I tend to find my own maintenance posts, not helpful.  LOL. 

I pulled off the walk-in door last year and that's been perfect ever since.  Naturally the minor leak in my rear side window is getting worse, and now only a week before I leave for my trip to the Alabama rally.  I'm considering pulling the window out tomorrow, but that seems risky with the rally so close.

• Yes, my tracks are very clean! I have a how-to video on the subject on YouTube. 
  • The black removable seals are as tight as can be to the lower vertical window frame (middle).
  • I have rain gutter guards.
  • I've placed plastic over the window, but NOT the exterior light above the window, and there were no leaks, so, it's the window or frame.
  • The good news is, there's no water in the hull, only on the kitchen-side bunk, pooling.

I'm a solo traveler, so I'm thinking of traveling this time without that side's mattress, just in case, but that's usually my excess storage area.  At least it's on the awning side of the camper.  Helpful when not driving.

The leaking is in the direct CENTER of the window, under the center support frame.  Useful info?

My slider window does NOT remove, from what I can tell.  I wanted to inspect that area, but cannot.  Other's mentioned that their slider window does remove.  Mine does not have enough up/down space to remove. Again, it's a 2016 demo model.

I thought someone mentioned replacing or resealing windows in the past on this forum?  Does anyone know where that thread is?  My search results stink.

Thanks much.  Dry or wet, I'll see you at the rally.

• Like 1

Chris
2016 Legacy Elite II  o--o  Hull #110 o--o  Wayfinder  o--o  Twin Bed  o--o  2020 RAM 1500 Limited 5.7L 
Augusta, Georgia

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

Chris... I'm like you and inclined to try and do my own service.   My advice would be to wait until you get to the rally and talk with one of Oliver service techs to learn how they would do it.   Not long after we brought our Oliver home, they sent me a replacement bathroom window and walked me thru the process (taking out old, replacing with new).   Someone there  could be a big help with the details.

• Like 3

2022 Elite II, Hull #1097  Elli Rose 🌹 and she has the solar panels with the 390Ah lithium batteries.  Our tow vehicle is a 2019 Ford Lariat F-150 4wd, 3.5L Eco-boost, 3.55 rear end, with the Max tow package.  Elli Rose also has the street side awning and several walnut and cherry mods on the inside.

TravelMap.png.b89ef2d7bc27b1ea3b58f831ca5bd799.png

• Moderators
1 minute ago, Dave and Kimberly said:

My advice would be to wait until you get to the rally and talk with one of Oliver service techs to learn how they would do it. 

Other than Jason I do not believe that there will be any Service techs at the Rally.  

However, there certainly will be a number of highly qualified owners available for advice and/or assistance.  The only "problem" I would see for this approach is that the correct materials needed for a proper repair just might not be readily available.

Bill

• Like 2

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

Please keep this topic going.  Leaking windows and from other areas are a familiar issue for many of us.  Always good to see what others are doing to stop leaks.  Our Oliver remains outside in the Pacific Northwest and has been a challenge to keep the water out.  My only one relevent suggestion is have awareness of having the hull level so you can track vertical flow sources.

George and Gretchen

Gig Harbor, Wa.

Hull Number 178

23 hours ago, Dave and Kimberly said:

My advice would be to wait until you get to the rally and talk with one of Oliver service techs to learn how they would do it. 

Dave: 100% concur with your recommendation for @Wayfinder.  The WX looks fair for the next week or so - even a little rainy condition wouldn't really hurt too much anyway.  Just say'n...  

Travel safe, all -- Cheers!

• Thanks 1

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca"
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

ALAZARCOIDLAMSMTNMOKTNTXUTWYsm.jpg

Chris:

If you have water coming inside and onto your bunk, and it is not coming from above the window (As you determined), then I would clean the window tracks.  It is a common source of water intrusion that many of us have experienced.

Here is my cobbled together DIY for the task.

GJHow To Clean OE2 Window Tracks.docx

• Like 2

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg