DVD player not working

Our DVD player will not play on the TV…ever since the previous owner had roof repairs work that included the replacement of the antenna. 
Knowing that and what would most likely be involved in the repair, where would be a good place for me to look for a loose wire or a connection that needs to be reattached for the DVD player?  Oliver 803

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Travel Trailers for Sale
New Travel Trailers for Sale
  • Moderators

The antenna should not have anything to do with the DVD player.  It is a little difficult to diagnose without knowing more about your tv and stereo equipment.  I will add that my LE2 #193 has 2 DVD players, one in the tv and another in the stereo and we can use either to watch a DVD on the tv.

Mossey

• Like 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Thank you for the quick response. The DVD player is part of the Furrion unit on the wall between the cabinet and pantry a the street side. The TV is a VIZIO. 

@R-Villa

We had to replace our Furrion dvd/radio a few years ago under warranty. It just quit working. Several other owners have had similar issues with their Furrion dvd/radios. I called Oliver and they sent a new unit as I was still under warranty. Oliver sent a paid return label for the non working dvd/radio which I shipped back.

Have you removed the dvd/radio from the wall to check that all wiring is attached to the back of the radio?. Also try disconnecting the radio from its power source to attempt a hard “reset” it. Sometimes this works.

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
48 minutes ago, R-Villa said:

Thank you for the quick response. The DVD player is part of the Furrion unit on the wall between the cabinet and pantry a the street side. The TV is a VIZIO. 

That rules out the tv DVD player.  I would verify the tv wiring first as it’s easier to get to.  Next compare the tv wiring to the stereo wiring, which should be accessible through a port hole in the upper street side cabinet.  I’m not familiar with your equipment, but the video signal is probably a HDMI cable.

Mossey

• Like 4

Good advice posted above!

We had an older Furrion unit (Hull #75) when the Furrion's DVD player starter acting up. Ours was out of warranty. Eventually found an RV surplus dealer on Ebay that had an exact replacement new unit on the shelf.

• Like 3

Bill & Debbie / 2015 LE2 #75 / 2024 F-150/5.0L / North Carolina

Thank you for both your suggestions!  I had thought about that port hole but didn’t know if was off limits. I also like the idea about a replacement if needed in the end. 

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, R-Villa said:

I had thought about that port hole but didn’t know if was off limits.

It’s your trailer and nothing is off limits!  Unscrew those port holes and check out what’s behind them.  Lift the basement covers under the mattresses and check out what is there.  If you are out in the middle of nowhere it’s good to know everything you can about your trusty Oliver.  Mike

• Like 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

4 hours ago, mossemi said:

I would verify the tv wiring first as it’s easier to get to.

This is most likely cause. Is HDMI connected to the TV?

Next step, can the Furrion play a CD, sound coming from the 4 speakers. If so, the player is likely fine and the HDMI signal not getting to TV. 

• Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

19 minutes ago, R-Villa said:

We can hear the video in all the speakers. Video just doesn’t show up on the tv

So, your Furrion player is working. Your HDMI is either not connected at the TV (check this first), not connected at the player, or somehow the HDMI cable went bad.

This is assuming you can see a TV picture using some other input, either via TV antenna, Wi-Fi streaming, etc. If you do not see a picture at all then your TV power supply or LED screen is blown, which means replace the TV.

Edited by jd1923
  • Like 1

Found the problem. In the back of the attic, tucked under the black rubber shelf liner are 2 black round cords. One is securely attached and when I removed the curb side inner wall, it goes to the antenna. The other runs with the bundle of cords down the hole and are in the tv HDMI hole. The other end of that HDMI cable ran behind the street side inner wall…and was not attached to anything. It has a male end of a HDMI cord. There is only about one foot of cord which can’t possibly reach all the way to the dvd player. 
What now am I looking for?

Posted (edited)

There are 2 HDMI plugged into the back of the tv. One connects to nothing. What does the other connect to. 

i have tried using only one, then the other…in each HDMI slot. Still no DVD video

Edited by R-Villa

• Moderators

The question I have at this point of your troubleshooting is, have you verified that there is a HDMI plugged into the DVD player.

The reason for 2 HDMI cables near the tv from an Oliver historical point is for a third video source for the tv.  The first video source is the coax cable, the second video source is the DVD player in the stereo system and the third video source could be a stand alone DVD player, a VCR,  a Roku/Fire stick device or a game console that would be placed in the attic above the tv.

When I switch between the video sources, I have to change the signal source setting on the tv to match the input device.  You may have input choices such as HDMI1 or HDMI2 or antenna or cable.

Good luck,

Mossey

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, mossemi said:

When I switch between the video sources, I have to change the signal source setting on the tv to match the input device.

And what we do not know yet is if @R-Villa has changed between these input sources. Is the correct source selected? In choosing an alternate source does the TV work?

• Like 2

R-Villa, I dont know how old your camper is , but on the Furrion unit when you want to play a DVD. You have to go to the AUX button and scroll to opitcal setting..  i didnt see that this was mentioned here..  just a reminder.. good luck  and congracts our your new (to you) Oliver…

• Like 2

spacer.png2022 Elite I  # 1179  |  2024 Tundra SR5 4x4 Crewmax. 5.5 ft. Bed. 3.31gears 10 spd.trans

• Moderator+
On 7/31/2024 at 1:35 PM, R-Villa said:

Thank you for both your suggestions!  I had thought about that port hole but didn’t know if was off limits. I also like the idea about a replacement if needed in the end. 

To actually check the wiring, it's much easier to just pull the head unit out of the wall. Remove four screws behind a pop off trim ring and just pull it out. If it's like mine there's not enough wire to set the unit down on the bed so you'll need something on the bed to support it while you check the rear connections. While you're back there, make sure everything else is plugged in securely.

Also make sure the previous owner was not using that area for an easily forgotten hidey hole.

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Lucy, Maggie and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• The topic was locked
  • Moderator+

Problem was solved on 08-01-2024, but here we are, all still blindly answering.

• Love 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Lucy, Maggie and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

• This topic was unlocked and locked
  • The topic was unlocked
On 8/1/2024 at 3:58 PM, R-Villa said:

Found the problem…

Yep, that was written but not…