Anyone else having problems staying logged in?

This is probably three problems in one.

First, though I always choose "keep me signed in" when I log in, that only seems to work for a while until the site decides that I'm not logged in anymore.

Secondly, when I do log in and then navigate back to where I was going to post, that page will still show me as not logged in.  But then I'll navigate somewhere else and it shows me logged in again.  This happens both on my mac and on my iPad.  I suspect that it's a cache problem since the pattern seems to be that it's only pages that I've recently visited that show me not logged in after having done so.  Probably on the server side, since disabling caches in safari doesn't help.  The only solution I've found is to wait a while, sometimes an hour, for the forum to sort of catch up and show me logged in everywhere.

Probably related to that is a third problem I've had with caches, which is that the 'recent topics' seems to only update sporadically and even when up to date with the latest posts will still show incorrect times for those posts.  In fact, the main forum page will also show incorrect times for "last posted".  Again, disabling caches locally doesn't seem to help.

Hope that makes sense.  I'm curious if anyone else has this problem.

• Thanks 1

Not only those issues but the whole site has again come to a molasses dragging crawl.  I can easily go to another one or two websites and browse while waiting for anything to come up here.   Where is the cornbread?

Hmmm... Interesting, on my Galaxy S7 I've been logged in for about 3 weeks, every morning refresh the browser in recent topics view, clicked on this thread to state exactly that and it logged me out, go figure. I have also noticed that the site has slowed down more recently.

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

The website was down for maintenance today but it is back and now it has a rather snappy response. Hooray!

I hope it stays fixed.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Administrators

Hopefully it is much faster. Let me know if anyone has issues with posts or replies not being displayed instantly. We are using a CDN that caches the site, but may delay post or replies on topics in the Forums. If that is the case, I'll have to tweak the setting somewhat for the cache to update appropriately.

• Thanks 2

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

Not fixed for me.  As of 10:10, your post doesn't show up under recent topics.  And for some reason, it shows the most recent topic as having been posted in 17 minutes ago, but the last post in that topic is actually from August 16.

Certainly faster than the last few days, but seems about the same as it was before that.

It has been working brilliantly for me, the best it ever has! This is with an iMac and iPad, both running Safari. I am seeing a consistent five or six second lag between posting and seeing the entire new page. No complaints about that.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Administrators
Not fixed for me. As of 10:10, your post doesn’t show up under recent topics. And for some reason, it shows the most recent topic as having been posted in 17 minutes ago, but the last post in that topic is actually from August 16. Certainly faster than the last few days, but seems about the same as it was before that.

The 17 minutes prior should be the time I posted... So it's showing that portion, just delaying the actual post probably due to caching. I'll try to tweak the setting to get it to update appropriately.

Matt Duncan

Marketing Consultant, Oliver Travel Trailers

• 2 months later...

Just a note to say that this problem persists.

Right now it's just after 2pm central time.  If I go to Recent Topics, the most recent post it shows is one in the Brake Controller Setup thread, posted 4 hours and 41 minutes ago.  That post is actually from 8:52pm last night.  If I go to the main forum page, the latest post listed there says 1 Minute Ago in the Ollie Modifications Forum.  If I go to the Ollie Modifications Forum, it says the last post was actually 12 Minutes Ago.  And if I go to that post, I see that it is, in reality, from 10:49am this morning.

I am having the same problem as Overland.

I like to use the Recent Topics button (http://olivertraveltrailers.com/recent-topics/), but the time/date information there is almost never correct.

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net