Dry Erase Whiteboard

ShallowGal

Several blogs for newbies suggest having a dry erase board in your RV to note important information you might forget, especially in an emergency situation (like where you are.) This seemed like great advice, having been a 9-1-1 operator who has been on the other end of panicked "I-don't-know-where-I-am" phone calls, so I mounted a board with Velcro on the back of the closet door. As I eyeballed it for level, I realized - heck, I'll be living inside one gigantic white board & wondered (too afraid to try it myself) if anyone has written with a Dry Erase Marker on their walls & if so, did it erase? 

dry-erase-board.jpg.27c22f4c203c70cb0f2ddf6c71016596.jpg

• Thanks 1
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

• Moderators

I wouldn't try to write on the wall repeatedly. But I love your idea for a small white board for notes.

......" Why didn't I think of that?....

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

I have 2 small 5 x 8 boards. One has a magnet that we put on the microwave. Vibrant colors. It falls off all the time. Bet it would hang on the closet door with a Command Hook. If it was a combo cork and whiteboard you could also clip or pin the campground paperwork to one side. The other is on the pantry for a shopping list. Probably will change out for a small clipboard with one of those small legal pads, so we don't have to recopy..

• Thanks 2

so we don’t have to recopy

Take a picture of the list with your phone!

That means I would have to get a new phone probably, or maybe a pill of some kind so I would remember to.  Some habits die hard; "I wonder what this piece of paper is for? Oh ya, marshmallows and coffee". Check...

Thanks for being a 911 dispatcher. Our unsung heroes. A lot of times our only lifeline out in the field...

• Thanks 1

We have a small white board mounted inside the pantry door with On Command strips. It’s good for reminders. I don’t think I’d write anywhere else. Mike

The rough surface of the inside of the pantry door____ it wasn't a problem mounting a Command Strip to it? Did you have to 'prep' the surface?

• Moderators

We have a small white board mounted inside the pantry door with On Command strips. It’s good for reminders. I don’t think I’d write anywhere else. Mike

The rough surface of the inside of the pantry door____ it wasn’t a problem mounting a Command Strip to it? Did you have to ‘prep’ the surface?

No, I didn’t do any prepping. Just stuck it on there with two strips. It’s stayed on over some pretty bumpy terrain. Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

I'm pretty sure Oliver uses dry erase markers on the trailers during assembly.  I've used a regular flair to temporarily mark spots for drilling and haven't had any trouble wiping that off.  Just don't mix up your dry erase markers with your sharpies and I'd think you'd be O.K.

Grease pencils work well on the fiberglass as well, but of course don't wipe off as easily.

Or just take notes on your phones like we do.

• Thanks 1

A sidebar: (boy, that is a throwback term), we had a dry erase board that was looking pretty nasty. Nothing really cleaned it well. Always a little dingy around the edges. A friend said just spray some WD 40 on it. We did, wiped it off with a micro cloth and the board looks brand new. And everybody with a camper carries around some WD40...

• Thanks 1

If I tell my 9-year old daughter that she can use dry erase markers on the walls, I will be living in a rainbow of hearts, smiley faces, princesses, and animals! I have to admit it’s tempting...  We’ll see what I decide by the time we pick our new Ollie up in June! Let me know if you try it out ShallowGal!

Alison, Ross & Annika

Hull No. 310

Or you could use a dry erase wall sticker! I imagine they would stick really well to the Oliver’s smooth walls. They sell them on Amazon for $10. I think they would remove easily, but you’d want to know that before affixing to the Oliver.

• Thanks 1

Alison, Ross & Annika

Hull No. 310

• 2 weeks later...

Was in CVS pharmacy(?) store and found a rolled up tube of white board. It is 17 1/2" X 23 1/2".  It is self adhesive. I would be afraid of writing off the edge, but should be able to turn sideways to go to the edge of the cabinet door. It was $9.99 a sheet. Two other interesting items they had was white board duct tape. Not sure where I might be tempted to use that. They also had it in black..a caulk board if you will. We settled on a stick on whiteboard calendar, that was magnetic. Staples has white board wrapping paper for $3.99 that you can stick on with scotch tape?

• Thanks 3