Best practice RE water connection?

Townesw

Townesw,

Yes, I have gotten in the habit of closing the spigot at the hookup when leaving the campground for side trips etc.

We attended last year's Ollie Rally and that came up during a seminar. In fact I believe it was Kelly Robinson that had an actual mishap while camping that she shared. It is easy to do and eliminates what could very much ruin your trip.

Cheers

• Thanks 1
Legacy Elite I

ALCTDEFLGAKYMEMDMANHNJNYNCPARISCTNVTVAWV

I do too. After someone on here mentioned it last year, with good reasoning, it made sense and it seems like an easy enough thing to do, to save a lot of potential trouble.

• Thanks 1

Randy

One Life Live It Enjoyably

2017 F350 6.7L SRW CC LB

2015 Oliver Elite II Hull #69

I always tun off the hydrant when we leave the site, even for a walk. My wife laughs at me, so what? I never release pressure inside, since I turn the tap as we walk away.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Yes, we have a fried that flooded their camper. We we sitting at the table eating lunch and they had been gone for the day. We looked over and water was running out of their camper. It had been cold that night and their hose froze. They got up and their kid turned on the bathroom faucet and no water came out. Problem was she did not turn the faucet off and later when the hose unthawed the water started flowing and in no time the tanks were full and the rest is history and so was their stick built camper.

It may never happen but something can leak or break at anytime and you never want to see the sight of water running out. Its been about 15 years but I will never forget that even though it was not ours.

• Thanks 1

ABNBNSPEALARCOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMOMTNENHNMNYNCOHOKPARISCSDTNTXUTVTVAWVWYmed.jpg

Tom & Cheryl 

LE II #305

2018 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax

We have a brass wye that connects to the campsite faucet. One side of the wye connects to a pressure gauge and the other is to a regulator. If the pressure is 40 or less we don't worry about it. When we see 80 lbs. or so, we shut the valve off if we leave for a slight extended time. Some city systems never get over 60, unless you walk away.

We were surprised that a couple of State Parks we were at had pressures that were 80 lbs. plus. A couple of the commercial parks struggled to (and some of the state parks too) get to 35/40 lbs.. If pressures are nearing 80, off goes the faucet. We never release inside pressure, as that would probably lead to shutting of the water heater element, or maybe the gas. Then we would worry about fridge, and on and on...

• Thanks 1