Peephole in door

ShallowGal

Has anyone installed one? Not being able to see who's on the other side of the frosted glass concerns me. Installing a peephole seems like an easy fix, but, of course, I want to hear/learn from someone who's installed one in an Oliver.

Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL

• Moderators

Funny you should ask? I sent an email to Lippert Industries yesterday asking about door window replacement options. I haven't received a response yet but I'll pass it along when I do.

• Thanks 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderator+

I replaced the window in the OOII's door with one that is clear but heavily tinted. You can see thru it even at night and cannot see thru it in the daylight. It is about the same darkness as the other windows. Easy to install just remove the inner trim ring and swap out the original. I ordered a piece of tempered, tinted glass at a local glass company here.

• Thanks 4

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

I know at least one other couple have replaced the window with clear glass, and according to them it was a pretty easy modification to do. I think they said you can just buy the window from Camping World or maybe direct from the manufacturer. I don't think I'd like it unless we had a curtain of some sort. But I suppose that wouldn't be too hard to accomplish either.

We've been in the middle of nowhere and had someone knock at our door. Spooky.

• Thanks 1