I there a way to bookmark a particular topic in the forums?  I don't see a bookmark icon anywhere; perhaps I am missing it.  The only way I can come up with is to create a document and paste a link to the post. 

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

• Moderators

I am sure there is a least a dozen ways to do that, but it really depends on which equipment you are using and how much trouble you want to go through.  A document worked best for me before our last forum update.  Our old forum search tool was not very handy, but now I don’t save topics as links any more, I just search for the subject I am looking for.  I will admit to getting sidetracked sometimes, so what it’s all good stuff.

Mossey

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

To me, the easiest way is to just bookmark a topic in your browser and then keep a folder of those bookmarks on your computer.  

You can also follow topics by clicking on the 'follow' button on the top right of the page.  If you just want to maintain a list of topics rather than being notified about new content, then you can choose 'no notifications'.  Under your profile, you can go to 'manage followed content' and see a list of topics that you follow.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

I am a big fan of keeping notes in a document; in my case I use an outlining program that syncs between my laptop and my iOS devices. In addition to my notes, keyboard shortcuts allow me to quickly copy/paste a URL from my browser or to drop today's date into the notes. Of course, the program has a search function. 

In addition to saving URLs from the Oliver forum, I keep URLs from a variety of sources: FGRV, Airforums, Amazon, YouTube, blog posts etc. I don't think I could do all that with browser bookmarks or by Following content. 

I used this same note taking strategy when I was researching what type of RV to buy. Being an RV newbie, I watched a lot of videos and read blog posts on how to hitch up, to level, to empty the tanks, etc, and I saved the links to the good information. I also take notes when planning a trip, whether an Ollie trip or a trip to another continent (next year, I hope!). I have a big list of campgrounds recommended from various sources, and I have them sorted geographically. 

• Thanks 1

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

• Moderators
1 hour ago, DavidS said:

... I also take notes when planning a trip, whether an Ollie trip or a trip to another continent (next year, I hope!). I have a big list of campgrounds recommended from various sources, and I have them sorted geographically. 

Are you going to Australia? We had to postpone our plans for third trip because of Covid restrictions. 

If you're going there, let me know.  Our favorite camping outside the US and the Yukon.

Sherry 

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

13 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Are you going to Australia? We had to postpone our plans for third trip because of Covid restrictions. 

If you're going there, let me know.  Our favorite camping outside the US and the Yukon.

Sherry 

We would love to go to Australia. Also New Zealand, where your posts have convince me we should rent an RV for our travels. Our planned trip to Japan this past April was cancelled due to covid. I will reach out to you when we start planning! Thanks, David

• Like 1

David Stillman, Salt Lake City, Utah

2016 Oliver Elite II  Hull 164    |    2017 Audi Q7 tow vehicle. 

Travel and Photography Blog: http://davidstravels.net

I use an app called Pocket. I can save any content from any device and organize it by date or tags. So, when I see a forum topic that I I want to save, I simply add it to Pocket and add tags. It also can accumulate and sort podcasts but I don’t use it for that. 

DMc

• Like 2

David and Vicky | Burns, TN | 2020 LEII #686 | 2017 Ford F-250 4x4 6.2L

• 1 month later...
On 6/9/2020 at 1:51 PM, Overland said:

To me, the easiest way is to just bookmark a topic in your browser and then keep a folder of those bookmarks on your computer.  

You can also follow topics by clicking on the 'follow' button on the top right of the page.  If you just want to maintain a list of topics rather than being notified about new content, then you can choose 'no notifications'.  Under your profile, you can go to 'manage followed content' and see a list of topics that you follow.

I'm trying the bookmarks folder in my browser.  Thanks!

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

One really helpful thing for members who are starting a new thread is to give it a very descriptive title in say eight or ten words. Simply calling it “Pics” Or “My mods” is bad.  It doesn’t contain any information. That way when it is saved or searched for it actually means something. 

This bugs the heck out of me when I am browsing local Craigslist classifieds and the title is completely flaky, like “Utility trailer for sale” in a Trailer For Sale forum.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies
  • Like 1

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.