Lily Bay SP, Maine

Mainiac

We spent 4_days here. So so quiet amongst the trees and mountains. 1000 foot elevation and New England's largest lake. The moose and deer seemed friendly too. Even with the tall trees the solar charged everything before 9:30...IMG_20200616_093348.thumb.jpg.90a718bde8aa9f2e50cddfe4f56c57f5.jpgIMG_20200616_093330.thumb.jpg.5d1f36d6388b76106d23b7e6db84ea64.jpgIMG_20200617_094542.thumb.jpg.3d410eab33c9f8af52af97c53ef92d17.jpg

IMG_20200617_094436.jpg

IMG_20200617_094617.jpg

• Like 4

• Moderators

Really beautiful! Thanks for the photos!

Sherry

• Thanks 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderators

Lucky you, I am so jealous.  That looks like a great campground.  We are stuck in Florida on day 96 of my mother in-law's ALF lock down and Krunch is not budging.

Mossey

• Sad 1

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

• Moderators

No wonder that there is "no lifeguard on duty".  I can only imagine what the temp of that water is!

Seriously - there are a bunch of us that are very jealous at this moment.  Looks like a wonderful spot.  And, from what I see in the local newspaper it appears that your temps have been rather warm.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

The water (in the shallows) was almost 60. Not bad considering that a month ago it was just melted snow. North of us yesterday they set an all time record of 96 and our humidity is around 60. Funny that where the boat is, the Gulf of Maine is also almost 60 degrees. 

With all that is going on in the world, you never know what might happen next. Next there might even be women in space, ...oh wait... Never mind...!

• Haha 1

No hook ups, but wasn't a problem. They have a central bathhouse if needed. Had to add water to the tank and only found one faucet with a threaded hose connection, and that was at the dump station (it was marked potable water). Thankfully we had a little device called a "Bandit", which slides over a non threaded faucet and converts to hose thread. Next we need a 5 gallon collapsing bladder or jug. The one gallon took too many trips. Usually the place is full, but there were plenty of open sites during the week. Sandi marked the map for suitable sites...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Gorgeous!! campsite & lake. Do/did you have mosquitoes &/or flies? We were at the Penobscot Outdoor Center in late June last year & were eaten alive by mosquitoes. We did do some fantastic hiking, tho. :))

SGC & GRC

Hull 224 [2017]

2017 GMC Sierra HD Crew Cab Diesel

ALARDEFLGAINLAMEMDMNMSMOMTNJNCNDOHPASCSD   Map of Provinces I Visitedimage.png.f8ebba1142570e619cdfe801998f4b4d.png

On 7/1/2020 at 3:13 PM, sgcausey said:

Gorgeous!! campsite & lake. Do/did you have mosquitoes &/or flies? We were at the Penobscot Outdoor Center in late June last year & were eaten alive by mosquitoes. We did do some fantastic hiking, tho. :))

Was pleasantly surprised, hardly any mosquitoes. There were a few "no-seeums" in the evening, so we set up our a screenhouse for the first-time ever while camping. Strange year as there was plenty of open sites. We will go back.

Edited by Mainiac

13 hours ago, Mattnan said:

Nice Bob,  looks great!!! Hope you're having a terrific summer 

Summer has been interesting this year. Between mask, rain, and other pestilence we have managed to get out a few times. Got to stop at Dunton's Hot Dog stand. In town that day you could park almost anywhere. Stopped in the middle of the street to talk to a friend and nobody came up behind us and honked. Strangely quiet in town. Boat is ready to launch once the thunder stops. I know there is a big Stripper with my name on it.

How's it going for you folks? At least the on shore breezes will keep you cool.

Thanks Bob,  It has been cooler and foggy right by the water.  Pemaquid beach parking lot has been pretty  full most days.  Probably 80% Maine plates on the cars and despite the full lot the folks are spread out on the beach.  We will look to head out again this winter toward the southwest.  Stay well!!!

Hi we left there on the 19th. We looked for every back road there was to get home. May have  gone through at least three towns that I am not even sure I knew existed. Was you in a "convoy"? Somebody told me the saw a EII and an DO traveling through Gardner about that time. Nice to meet you Michelle.

Bob hull#211

9 hours ago, Michelle and Jamie said:

Hi, We have an Elite 1. Stopped in Monson both going up and returning. Nice little town.

We usually stop in Monson too. Usually both coming and going, at Spring Creek BBQ. Think we might go back to Seboomock Wilderness CG at some point. Would like the NP to open up again, might be nice without the crowds.