Newbie saying hi

Jstone

Greetings from coastal South Carolina. I’ve joined to gain more insight into ownership.  My wife & I tent camped for about 30 years. We bought a Sylvan Sport Go, which was a great solution for transitioning from primitive camping.  The Go was flooded during Hurricane Florence.  We replaced it with an Airstream Bambi 16.  It fills our current wants & needs, the wet bath is wonderful, especially compared to no bath tent camping!  We are long-weekenders, to 4-5 days out at a time. Longer trips are planned, and we have a Honda 2200i converted to propane, a Goal Zero Yeti 1000 & a solar suitcase...so boondocking is a thing for us.
A tandem axle camper will be in our future, and the Oliver seems to be a customizable 4 season trailer, we can have built to suit our needs.

Thanks for having an active forum, and I appreciate the wealth of info I’ve found so far.

• Like 2

2022 Elite II Twin “Katie” Hull 997

2010 Toyota Sequoia 

• Moderators

Welcome to the forum!

Sorry about your Sylvan Sport Go. I've admired them at the rv supershow. It's a really clever little camper.

If you have any questions about the Oliver, fire away. Lots of people with answers.

Sherry

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Welcome and thanks for the introduction.  I am new here, as well, and let me tell you - there are many forum members able and willing to answer your questions.

And so the journey begins 

• Like 1

Ray and Susan Huff

Elite II Twin "Pearl" - Hull#699; delivered December 7, 2020

2013 F350 6.7l diesel Super Duty 4x4 long bed crew cab

1UP-USA Heavy-duty bike rack

2017 Leisure Travel Van Unity Twin Bed (sold)

AZARCAIDNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAsm.jpg

Welcome neighbors! 

Do the factory tour, you won’t be disappointed. We live in the foothills of Western NC and made two trips to Hohenwald, Tenn before placing our order for our 2020 OLEll. Looking back the two trips were so well worth it.
It’s a big financial decision for most, so read and read, research, and do your due diligence. Go back as far as possible in the forum archives, you will learn a lot. Check out Oliver University...just a wealth of info provided by Oliver. 
We made a list of wants and needs. We also decided to consider resale when upgrading our options. Many options can be added later by Oliver, but it will come at a price vs factory custom order.
There are certain creature comforts that we just did not want to do without given the price point of the Oliver. Now and then used Oliver’s pop up in the classifieds on here...possibly worth considering, however they move quickly.

We took delivery June 16th and are very happy overall with our 2020 OLEll. 
Good luck on your decision!

Edited by Patriot
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

30 minutes ago, Patriot said:

Welcome neighbors! 

Do the factory tour, you won’t be disappointed. We live in the foothills of Western NC and made two trips to Hohenwald, Tenn before placing our order for our 2020 OLEll. Looking back the two trips were so well worth it.
It’s a big financial decision for most, so read and read, research, and do your due diligence. Go back as far as possible in the forum archives, you will learn a lot. Check out Oliver University...just a wealth of info provided by Oliver. 
We made a list of wants and needs. We also decided to consider resale when upgrading our options. Many options can be added later by Oliver, but it will come at a price vs factory custom order.
There are certain creature comforts that we just did not want to do without given the price point of the Oliver. Now and then used Oliver’s pop up in the classifieds on here...possibly worth considering, however they move quickly.

We took delivery June 16th and are very happy overall with our 2020 OLEll. 
Good luck on your decision!

And Patriot also rented a large uhaul  truck when he picked up his Oliver,  full of stuff for the Oliver. That’s Anouther fun journey to take. Buying things for the Oliver. 🤪

• Like 1

Grant  2022 GMC Denali 2500 HD 2019  Elite 11😎