GenY Glyder Hitch

This is the torsion hitch I will use to tow the Ollie I.

GenY has a great reputation in the industry for producing excellent products.

I have been using this hitch with my 14’ enclosed trailer I use to tow our street motorcycles and camping gear. It really does smooth out the ride. I can’t wait to see how it works with the “shorty”. 

Here is a link to the product website.

https://genyhitch.com/product/the-glyder-torsion-flex-hitch/?gclid=CjwKCAiAkJKCBhAyEiwAKQBCkvLZgT5zOEl0s3GV1gKd3TUU-p6JYiwPKLcPCiNXy1MMqhopCzcekBoCBm8QAvD_BwE

Is anyone else using this hitch? If so what has been your experience?  I've loved it so far. I’ve attached a couple of pics of my hitch below.

Carl

5FF5003D-AE21-4596-8207-FC50FCE621B4.jpeg

8C3AD313-25AF-48EA-B4CD-B6DD5383939E.jpeg

369DC446-3408-4FDE-8695-A79053DC3E63.jpeg

• Like 2

2021 Legacy Elite I | "Lil' Tow" | Hull #924

Tow Vehicle: 2020 Jeep Gladiator

TNmed.jpg

• Moderators

Carl - 

Interesting idea.  One of the things I've always liked about the Andersen is its ability to reduce "bouncing or porpoising" between the tow vehicle and the Ollie.  Please let us know how this hitch works with your Ollie.

Bill

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

That is pretty cool. Thanks for posting! The Australians have been using what they call “poly block” hitches for off pavement towing, for decades. I had a Treg model and it was terrific. I am glad US manufacturers are starting to use this concept. Did you buy the warranty? I found this picture on that page.

08995A2A-D4D1-40A6-8F28-1CD6FDC1BB34.jpeg.0f3e9901850154e6bf03c83fc8ea68d4.jpeg

It does appear that, like a rubber torsion axle, you can expect it deteriorate over time. Does it start to get noisy? Rubber axle bushings can be destroyed by exposure to water and grit. Are these rudder tubes exposed in the front of the tube? Please keep us updated on how this works out.

John Davies

Spokane WA

Edited by John E Davies

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags.