Jump to content

Interior Hull Trim Molding


Recommended Posts

Apparently my trim got tired. 
 

Thinking about just replacing with 3M molding trim adhesive roll. Looks like what Oliver used. 
 

other suggestions?

93DCAD16-1B20-4B0D-B296-E4A7E6D18CF5.jpeg

  • Wow 1

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

Sometimes, the adhesive is inconsistent. I believe it come affixed to the chrome strip, like ez rv gutters.

Our bath trim fell off. We replaced it with vhb tape.

If I had to do it again, I'd use one strip of vhb, as opposed to the two narrow strips, as being too close to the outer edges, it leaves a tiny bit of gap.

https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/4315-bathroom-bellyband-trim-redo/

  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I assume they used two narrow strips to keep the edges close to the hull, but do see what you mean. 
 

I noticed a strip down the middle would be over the valley where the hulls connect, and thus no contact. 
 

Should be easy fix with VHB in any case. 
 

thx for link 

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Ralph Mawyer said:

Was strange. One year old this past May….and of course, heading out next Sunday. 🙂

If you don't have time to do it right, I'd just tape it up with packing tape or clear duct tape, and not let it ruin my trip. 

Imo, it shouldn't have fallen, but I know it has. If it were me, I'd remove the entire strip, clean everything,  and do it right. Pretty hard to clean and refasten, just a section, especially since its occurred at the curve.

Even if you are out of warranty,  I'd encourage you to open a service ticket, so that Oliver knows about the issue.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, SeaDawg said:

If you don't have time to do it right, I'd just tape it up with packing tape or clear duct tape, and not let it ruin my trip. 

Imo, it shouldn't have fallen, but I know it has. If it were me, I'd remove the entire strip, clean everything,  and do it right. Pretty hard to clean and refasten, just a section, especially since its occurred at the curve.

Even if you are out of warranty,  I'd encourage you to open a service ticket, so that Oliver knows about the issue.

that's my quandary.  I may try a section with the VHB I have. Worse case I do it right when I get back.  Solo trip and I don't use that bed, so not a big inconvenience. Just looks tacky. 😉

2020 Legacy Elite II Hull 625 - 2013 Lexus LX 570

San Antonio/Boerne - Texas Hill Country

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
1 hour ago, Ralph Mawyer said:

Was strange. One year old this past May….and of course, heading out next Sunday. 🙂

Well, have a good trip.  We’re in Iowa tonight on our way to Maine.  Weird weather, 60 degrees this morning and only got up to low 70s.  Sunny.  Mike

  • Like 2

Texas Hill Country | Elite II #135 | Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
18 minutes ago, Mike and Carol said:

Well, have a good trip.  We’re in Iowa tonight on our way to Maine.  Weird weather, 60 degrees this morning and only got up to low 70s.  Sunny.  Mike

Where are you in Iowa? That is very cool for July. 

One of my friends in North Central Iowa has big concerns about drought and heat.

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12
 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators
11 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

Where are you in Iowa? That is very cool for July. 

One of my friends in North Central Iowa has big concerns about drought and heat.

We’re at Prairie Flower COE north of Des Moines.  59 degrees as I sit here.  There’s been plenty of rain.  This is a very nice campground.  We leave this morning for Indiana Dunes National Park.  Staying at Indiana Dunes State Park next door to the NP.

  • Like 1

Texas Hill Country | Elite II #135 | Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMSMO

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...