Hi Folks 🤗 .  I am new to the forum . Working on my build sheet for Elite II to be built Nov , pickup end Dec .  I have a new Generac GP1200i  inverter generator .  Will this be enough to charge up the 390 AH Lithionics  between uses of A/C and associated power draws from other equipment on the Oliver ? 

Congratulations on your decision to purchase an Oliver. 

1200w will not be enough to run your 13000 btu air conditioner.  I can run my 13000 btu  air conditioner with soft start circuit installed using a Honda 2200. The Honda 2200 will not run my 13000 btu air conditioner without a soft start circuit. be sure to get this I cannot speak to the charing time for your batteries. 

You will want a soft start for your air conditioner. I can also run the air conditioner from a house 120 v  hook up.. before having the soft start, the air conditioner required 30amp hook up.  

2016 Legacy Elite II, Twin Beds, Hull #124

Tow Vehicle: 2019 Ford F250 4x4  / Short Bed / Crew Cab / 6.7 Diesel

Fieldbrook, Ca

hello skigator,

After i posted the above information I recognized the new production trailers come equipped with an 11,000 BTU A/C.  My experience is only with the older 13,000 BTU AC and cannot speak with authority to your generator power needs . This said, I believe you will need more than  1,200 w to run the  A/C. Hopefully owners of newer Olivers with the 11,000 BTU AC can provide you with their experience.

2016 Legacy Elite II, Twin Beds, Hull #124

Tow Vehicle: 2019 Ford F250 4x4  / Short Bed / Crew Cab / 6.7 Diesel

Fieldbrook, Ca

18 hours ago, Skigator said:

Hi Folks 🤗 .  I am new to the forum . Working on my build sheet for Elite II to be built Nov , pickup end Dec .  I have a new Generac GP1200i  inverter generator .  Will this be enough to charge up the 390 AH Lithionics  between uses of A/C and associated power draws from other equipment on the Oliver ? 

Provided that the generator output is dedicated to only powering the Xantrex 3000 Inverter/Charger, you may be able to use the GP1200i. However, depending on the Oliver factory setting, you may have to adjust the "Charger Current" parameter within the Xantrex to prevent overloading the generator. Assuming that the Oliver setting tracks with Lithionics Battery recommended charge current of 50 amps or less, your generators 1000 watt output could be border line at the upper end. Dialing down the Xantrex charge current a click at a time, until the generator is stable, is a pretty easy task.

• Thanks 1

@Skigator, it may run the 11,000 btu air conditioner with the soft start option.  If it does, I think that you will grow weary of watching what else you use on the 120v circuit. You are right at the borderline.  You may be able to make it work, but in the long run I think that you are likely to be dissatisfied.

I would look into a bigger generator.  The Honda 2200i is a popular choice amongst Oliver owners.

Hopefully you will be able to come close to recovering your investment if you sell your GP1200i.  With all of the supply shortages due to COVID, now may be the best possible time to sell it if you are so inclined.  If you wait you will just lose more money.

Mike and Yasuko

2021 Legacy Elite Hull #820 

• Moderators

I think skigator is asking if his generator will charge the lithium batteries, not if it will run the ac. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

Hi Skigator

I got the Lithium Pro package and have been very happy with the battery performance. I don't have a generator because I can't think of why I would need one with the camping I do. I've run the A/C for about 90 min at a time and it does drop the batteries down, but the sun will charge them back up again with the panels up top. Once I left after breakfast for an all day outing. The batteries were at about 60% when I left, and at 100% when I came back for dinner. I usually dry camp or boondock. I guess having the generator would be good for constant A/C, but like I said, I'm not doing that kind of camping.

A couple of times after boondocking I arrived at a friend's house for a visit and plugged into a 120v from the house. That also charged up the batteries pretty quickly.

Sorry that this isn't completely on topic with  your question. 

• Like 2

2021 Elite II #841, 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 AT4, 3.0 diesel

• Moderator+
On 8/13/2021 at 6:40 PM, Skigator said:

May we all assume you are also getting the solar package? If so, the 340 watts of solar will do a fine job of keeping your Lithionic Battery charged. If they need some help, like late in the afternoon when the sun is getting low on the horizon, use your generator to help "catch up."

Since you mention A/C, the generator probably won't be enough to run it. If you plan to run the A/C using your battery, you may not be able to recharge fully in one 24 hour period even with the generator.

• Like 1

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg