Where do you put your tote waste tank?

June_Liu

• Moderators

@Wandering Sagebrush, what do you store in the box? How do you "balance" with weight on the tongue?

I'm sure other inquiring minds want to know,  as well.... That's a huuuuge box!

• Like 3

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
18 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

@Wandering Sagebrush, what do you store in the box? How do you "balance" with weight on the tongue?

I'm sure other inquiring minds want to know,  as well.... That's a huuuuge box!

So far, just light, bulky stuff.  Leveling blocks, a cordless vacuum, empty 20L Sceptor water cans.   Heavy stuff goes in the front basket.  

When in camp, things with a tendency to walk away (like generators) are locked in it.

• Like 3

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

• Moderator+
On 5/1/2022 at 1:14 PM, skalywag said:

Would hauling it on the back bumper reduce tailgating?

Tali hates tailgators (sic). We've never used one of these waste totes. But if I rigged up a carrier on the back bumper with a remotely controlled release.....hmmmmm.

• Haha 5

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

we’ve got one of the 15 gallon rigs.. it has lived in the back of the pickup off and on for a couple years, and we’ve never used it…  The bed of our truck is a pretty organized place, with everything stowed away in its place, with things that get used a lot pretty accessible, and things that don’t get used can take some effort to access… which is the case for that piece of gear.

The few times we’ve stayed in a campground without sewer hookups long enough to require emptying our tanks amidst our stay Ive just disconnected the power and water, raised the jacks, hooked the trailer to the truck and dragged it to the dump station, because as crazy as it sounds, for me, it’s less of a hassle moving the camper then emptying the bed of the truck… and then putting it all back in.. 

We can be ready to roll in 10 minutes or so. 

If I leave the wheel chocks ( the ones behind the tires) in place when I pull out of the campsite they provide targets to help guide me back into the exact same position the camper was in before I moved it, which is kind of fun anyway🙂

• Like 5

Mark & Deb..2020 Elite II..Dearie..Hull #685..2016 Tundra

AZARCAFLMSNMOKPATNTXsm.jpg

• Moderator+
2 minutes ago, Mcb said:

we’ve got one of the 15 gallon rigs.. it has lived in the back of the pickup off and on for a couple years, and we’ve never used it…  The bed of our truck is a pretty organized place, with everything stowed away in its place, with things that get used a lot pretty accessible, and things that don’t get used can take some effort to access… which is the case for that piece of gear.

The few times we’ve stayed in a campground without sewer hookups long enough to require emptying our tanks amidst our stay Ive just disconnected the power and water, raised the jacks, hooked the trailer to the truck and dragged it to the dump station, because as crazy as it sounds, for me, it’s less of a hassle moving the camper then emptying the bed of the truck… and then putting it all back in.. 

We can be ready to roll in 10 minutes or so. 

If I leave the wheel chocks ( the ones behind the tires) in place when I pull out of the campsite they provide targets to help guide me back into the exact same position the camper was in before I moved it, which is kind of fun anyway🙂

Good move. 

• Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg