Furrion Vision S rear Camera mount mod

We recently had Oliver Service Center install a new Furrion Vision S Rear Camera on our Ollie. The original Voyager camera that it came with was diagnosed with water intrusion and was out of warranty. So a replacement was in order.
The new Furrion S works great and we really appreciate long distance rear highway visibility and the safety factor when changing lanes when under way. A real plus is we can also see our bicycles when mounted up on our bike rack. The Furrion S also has a feature which allows the driver to hear the spotter when backing into a campsite as the camera has a microphone and the video monitor has a speaker. This allows the driver to see and  hear voice commands of the spotter when backing up. Pretty cool tech if you choose to use it. 
The Mod-
I decided to purchase an extra silicone dash mount for $13 which is the exact same mount we use for our “TST TPMS” system. The rubber mount holds the Furrion monitor securely on the dash which I prefer rather than use the suction cup on the w/s. The fit of the monitor into the silicone holder could not be more perfect. And now no more sticking a suction cup to the w/s for viewing the rear cam monitor.

Just thought I would pass this along in case anyone is interested. 

A side note. I returned the Voyager Camera to the company that sells Voyager. They  have agreed to replace the old camera which had water intrusion with a brand new one. They did not have to do this, as I was 6 months past the 1year warranty expiration.
I have already promised/sold the Voyager to another Oliver owner with full disclosure of why I replaced it with a new Furrion.

Pics of silicone mount,  Furrion backup cam monitor and shark fin rear camera -

325E05A8-0F6B-40D8-9C2B-6537078697F7.thumb.jpeg.d71446181dd3994e00fc4a0a3da1e945.jpeg

TST silicone rubber dash mount -

B78982F1-A668-4394-BB9C-B99E94D5F0B5.thumb.png.ff190d6cb99e9e2065fb2c851f6a84ce.png

Rear Sharkfin camera- 

20328034-12E5-4E46-9E49-F15845A3A082.thumb.png.e19eb62eef9a19e58df253de9867c165.png

Furrion Vision S -

68EE3C28-C533-4EEA-94AA-C4DBC07F72A2.thumb.jpeg.107fd817d0332f5ed7500e1c28ad9f1f.jpeg

Temporarily laid the mount on the dash to check line of sight visibility. I am still deciding on the best location for the monitor.

DDFD238E-5FE9-4757-B038-3E02D3F98D57.thumb.jpeg.92a6d8d886b24b3253e809326a893f0d.jpeg

BC224B06-F484-4EE0-930E-E1C6ECB5728A.jpeg

• Like 7

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity, how does the view compare to the old voyager system? It looks like they mounted it in the same location so I assume it still points down. Does it give you better down the road coverage? On the voyager we don't really see cars behind us unless they are pulled up behind  at a stoplight or something like that. I am assuming you would need to mount it lower (like bumper level) to see down the road.

image.jpeg.09f40a09983d95bd862eb789e3430148.jpeg

2019 Ram 1500 5.7L V8, 3.92 axle ratio - 2020 LEll - Hull676

14 minutes ago, Ray Kimsey said:

Out of curiosity, how does the view compare to the old voyager system? It looks like they mounted it in the same location so I assume it still points down. Does it give you better down the road coverage? On the voyager we don't really see cars behind us unless they are pulled up behind  at a stoplight or something like that. I am assuming you would need to mount it lower (like bumper level) to see down the road.

It’s adjustable so you can dial in the rear cam adjustment where you want it. It works as good if not better than the Voyager giving about the same coverage with a sharper picture imo. I can see a fairly long distance behind me on the interstate where it’s presently mounted. I have the lens set so I can also see our bicycles mounted on our rear bike carrier as well as down the interstate. If it was mounted lower when it rains road spray would wash out the lens and rear view. Mounted high has worked best for both the Voyager and this new Furrion in my experience.  

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR” 

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor aka- Beast

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, Ray Kimsey said:

On the voyager we don't really see cars behind us unless they are pulled up behind  at a stoplight or something like that.

I think you need to adjust your camera.  I use mine extensively for lane change planning and execution in either direction.

Mossey

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

53 minutes ago, Ray Kimsey said:

Edited, just saw your latest post.  Hopefully the angle adjustment helps your view.  We have the Voyager camera and I use it all the time for lane changes and backing up.  I may update at some point to an HD camera and a bigger display. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, FrankC said:

Sounds like you need to adjust your camera angle.  There are screws on each side of the mount to adjust the angle.   We have the Voyager camera and I use it all the time for lane changes and backing up.  It gives a great view of cars/objects behind the trailer.  My only wish would be a bigger display.  

Thank you, I just adjusted the angle up a bit based on Mike's response. I will see how it goes next trip. The angle before was showing the bumper, now I have moved it up to show about 3 feet behind the camper at the closest. I agree the display size is pretty small.

image.jpeg.09f40a09983d95bd862eb789e3430148.jpeg

2019 Ram 1500 5.7L V8, 3.92 axle ratio - 2020 LEll - Hull676

• Moderators

I have two rearview cameras.  One is mounted in the spare tire cover and the other in the usual roof location.

Patriot is correct when he mentions the "road spray" issue with the lower camera - other than that it is great.

The roof location provides approximately the same view but, obviously the angle is slightly different.

The roof location also gives the advantage of being able to see a fair number of vehicles back when stopped at a light or stop sign while the lower camera gets a good view of the guys license plate 😃.

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 6/15/2022 at 2:59 PM, Patriot said:

The Mod-
I decided to purchase an extra silicone dash mount for $13

Thank you Patriot! I just ordered one & hope it gets here in time for Duke's birthday. Shhhh ...

Chris

• Like 3
Chris & Duke Chadwell
🐾Maddie & Baxter🐾
Elite II Hull 292
2022 F-250 Lariat 7.3 Godzilla 4x4 Lakeland,FL