Jump to content

checking out your new oliver


Recommended Posts

We picked up our new Elite II on Friday, 6/3/2022. Very pleased indeed! Of note however was the battery box support member only had a single tightened bolt holding it up, The second bolt was in place but not even finger tight. This issue has been discussed in the past in the forum which prompted me to check it out upon delivery...very glad I did. I also pulled the under sink drawers to  inspect the hose connection that has been reported to leak, ours looked good. No other major issues, but the take-home message is to take the time to do a little digging before leaving the sales office, it is worth the effort if you find a fixable issue early on.

 

Hull 1125 has officially taken its maiden voyage, we stayed at a couple of Hipcamps and a Harvest Host on the way home. All went seamlessly. 

 

  • Like 10

Albert & Terri

Elite II Hull #1125 Standard Floorplan / Tow Vehicle: 2017 Ford F250

COCTDEILINKSMDMAMONJNMNYOHPARITNVAWVsm.j

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Congratulations on your new Oliver! Thanks for the information, we will definitely run through everything when our wait is over. 
Good luck!

Kirk

 

  • Like 3

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, 8 foot bed with overland conversion.

Elite 2 before the end of 2022!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was great to meet you and Terry last week, Albert. Enjoy your future travels and I hope we cross paths again.

Michael and Amy #1138

  • Like 4

Michael and Amy

Enjoying life in Western NC with our 11 y/o son Benry, and our dogs Bay and Lucy.

2022 LEII | Hull #1138 (Delivery Date: June 8, 2022)

2022 Ram 2500 Mega Cab Laramie, 6.7L Diesel 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

I assume that the guys in Service took care of that bolt for you or did you simply tighten it up yourself?

You are now an "Official" card (or Oliver) carrying member of the Family!

Hopefully we will meet out there on the road someday.

Bill

  • Like 2

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Glad all went well on your maiden voyage! Congrats on your Oliver!
Also an staying an extra night or two at the Oliver Service Campground will give new owners a bit of time to a shake down their Oliver before heading home. The new sites at the Service Center really are nice and if you have any issues needing attention you are right at the mothership.
Taking delivery before the new Oliver Service Center CG sites were established, we spent (4) days at David Crockett CG post delivery day. This allowed for us to go over our systems and check to make sure all was well.
Just a thought for future Owners to ponder on delivery day. 😊
 

  • Like 4

2020 OLEII - Hull #634   TV -2021 F 350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate “Tremor”

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, albert60 said:

We picked up our new Elite II on Friday, 6/3/2022. Very pleased indeed! Of note however was the battery box support member only had a single tightened bolt holding it up, The second bolt was in place but not even finger tight. This issue has been discussed in the past in the forum which prompted me to check it out upon delivery...very glad I did. I also pulled the under sink drawers to  inspect the hose connection that has been reported to leak, ours looked good. No other major issues, but the take-home message is to take the time to do a little digging before leaving the sales office, it is worth the effort if you find a fixable issue early on.

 

Hull 1125 has officially taken its maiden voyage, we stayed at a couple of Hipcamps and a Harvest Host on the way home. All went seamlessly. 

 

"Of note however was the battery box support member only had a single tightened bolt holding it up, The second bolt was in place but not even finger tight"

I wonder how these are overlooked in the inspection process.   I thought they were inspected and signed off all along the build process.   We pick up in November,  so will do a thorough inspection of everything before leaving for Oregon. 

John,  unknown hull number

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 with heavy duty tow package. 

Present trailer, 2003 Coleman tent trailer

Oliver Elite II is on my wish list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, John Welte said:

I wonder how these are overlooked in the inspection process.   I thought they were inspected and signed off all along the build process.   We pick up in November,  so will do a thorough inspection of everything before leaving for Oregon. 

We are taking delivery of our 2022 Elite II in November as well.  My review of posts on this forum over the past 9 months has persuaded me that we, as consumers, are the final quality control inspectors for the Oliver trailers we buy.  So, I have compiled a long list of items to check, and system tests to conduct, during the first few days after pickup.

Many Oliver owners will be quick to point out that Oliver's quality control is much better than their competitors.  But, as this thread demonstrates, it is still not up to my standards.  I expect Oliver's management will echo the chorus heard more today than at any time in my life:  "Good help is hard to find."

That said, forum posters consistently note that Oliver's service department promptly and effectively addresses any issues identified by those who pick up new Olivers, before you head back home.  That is one of many reasons we remain committed to Oliver.

By comparison, I suspect that a request to address such issues in a new trailer purchased from a dealer, after you towed it off the lot, would be "take a number" or "leave the trailer with us and we'll see if we can get to it in a few weeks."

  • Like 6

Hull #?

Central Idaho

2019 Tundra Double Cab 4x4, 5.7L with tow package

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Rivernerd said:

We are taking delivery of our 2022 Elite II in November as well.  My review of posts on this forum over the past 9 months has persuaded me that we, as consumers, are the final quality control inspectors for the Oliver trailers we buy.  So, I have compiled a long list of items to check, and system tests to conduct, during the first few days after pickup.

Many Oliver owners will be quick to point out that Oliver's quality control is much better than their competitors.  But, as this thread demonstrates, it is still not up to my standards.  I expect Oliver's management will echo the chorus heard more today than at any time in my life:  "Good help is hard to find."

That said, forum posters consistently note that Oliver's service department promptly and effectively addresses any issues identified by those who pick up new Olivers, before you head back home.  That is one of many reasons we remain committed to Oliver.

By comparison, I suspect that a request to address such issues in a new trailer purchased from a dealer, after you towed it off the lot, would be "take a number" or "leave the trailer with us and we'll see if we can get to it in a few weeks."

"We are taking delivery of our 2022 Elite II in November as well.  My review of posts on this forum over the past 9 months has persuaded me that we, as consumers, are the final quality control inspectors for the Oliver trailers we buy.  So, I have compiled a long list of items to check, and system tests to conduct, during the first few days after pickup."

We have November 7 as our delivery day.   We plan to test out everything and leave for Oregon on the 11th.   Maybe we will cross paths.   When is your delivery date?   If you want to be famous,  would you be willing to share your list with me?   I know Oliver has their own list,  but you might have thought of things that bear inspection from reading the forum.   You won't be famous worldwide,  but with us you will be.   😂🤣

Best regards,  John

  • Like 3

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 with heavy duty tow package. 

Present trailer, 2003 Coleman tent trailer

Oliver Elite II is on my wish list

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...