Best Replacement for Lifeline gpl-4ct agm battery

36 minutes ago, roguebooks said:

I unplugged the trailer and will monitor throughout the day whether the batteries hold or not. Nothing is running, no lights or fans. One concern was the ah readout which said 0.2. Shouldn't that reading instead represent a full charge after being plugged into shore power for over 12 hours? Hmm

The 0.2 Ah is the charging rate of the solar controller in float mode, not a state of charge indication. In order to preliminarily test if battery charge is holding, during the day, you need to cover your solar panels with a blanket to darken them so the controller/display is completely off.  Then, along with being disconnected from AC shore power, trip the main DC circuit breaker to remove all loads.

At the end of your test period,  reset the DC breaker in order to read battery voltage on the SeeLevel monitor. They should be 12.9-12.8 volts. Even so, based on age and stress from depth of discharge, they will likely fail a load test.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

It sounds like you don't plan to keep the Oliver more than another 4-5 years. Were it me, I'd go simple - buy the best replacement AGM's - and keep going. The Lifelines are good units. Good Luck.

RB

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Cindy,  Russell and  "Harley dog" . Home is our little farm near Winchester TN

2018 Oliver Legacy Elite II - 2018 GMC 2500 Duramax 

"Die young - As late as possible"
ALAZARCACOFLIDMTNVNMOKORTNTXUTWAWYd56201

6 hours ago, roguebooks said:

These batteries appear to be the best option for us if we need two new batteries (which I should find out today). Let me know what you think. Link below.  Plus they are a bit smaller than my present ones which will help in these tight quarters.  You all have been so helpful and kind. Thank you again.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07F7NTQ29/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

I have no experience with this specific battery, but I have bought three different Mighty Max AGM 12V motorcycle sized batteries. All died within a year. They would take a charge and show as full, but wouldn't crank a small 150cc scooter, Honda generator, or 50cc scooter. I'll never buy one again.

(Which begs the question as to why I bought three. I bought the two scooter ones at the same time in spring when the 6 and 8 year old OEM batteries finally croaked, and then the generator one that fall before the scooter batteries failed. All were maintained on Battery Tender Jr full time.)

Edited by Steve and Deb
Missed a period.
  • Thanks 2
  • Like 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

Roguebooks,

Below is a link to a SOK lithium battery on Amazon.

$599 for a 100amp/hour lithium battery is a good deal and it holds more usable power than your two AGMs.

If you are willing to charge you battery primarily with solar (as we do), you can get away with not changing out your charge/converter.

Also, keep in mind, you will need some sort of shunt-based battery monitor.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwjolpKQ_PP5AhVRmWoFHR8DAW4QFnoECBUQAQ&url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.amazon.com%2FSOK-Battery-Applications-Temperature-Disconnected%2Fdp%2FB087BP1Z63&usg=AOvVaw2XghGSZ_1jRj7DIMCNb56m

Andrew

• Thanks 1

Andrew

2019 Legacy Elite II  2018 BMW x5 35d 

Roguebooks,

I have pretty much the same system you have. My Ollie is a year older, but the Lifelines are still going strong  (13.8 V under solar float). I have not had any major short or electrical malfunction though. It has been stored outside since we brought her home and the sun has done the maintenance. I agree with Back of Beyond that the simple approach may give you the best option if you find that your Lifelines are done.  As you can imagine, I am watching this closely and appreciate your sharing this. Like you, We hope to use our LE1 for at least another 5-6 years.

Best of luck,

• Thanks 1
Legacy Elite I

ALCTDEFLGAKYMEMDMANHNJNYNCPARISCTNVTVAWV

7 hours ago, BackofBeyond said:

It sounds like you don't plan to keep the Oliver more than another 4-5 years. Were it me, I'd go simple - buy the best replacement AGM's - and keep going. The Lifelines are good units. Good Luck.

RB

Will these Bright Way Group BW 62000 (Group 27) - 6V 200AH SLA Batteries work as replacement for my Lifeline AGM's? I like their smaller height.

https://www.batterywholesale.com/collections/all-batteries/products/bright-way-group-bw-62000-group-27-6v-200ah-sla-battery

roguebooks 2020 Ram Classic 1500 Warlock 4x4 Hemi V-8 2018 Legacy Elite, Hull #309  ALARCOFLINKYLAMIMSMONMOKTNTXsm.jpg

travelmap2023.jpg