Jump to content

The End of the 2022 Models!


Recommended Posts

According to their post on the Facebook group, the owners of #1292 took delivery Friday, and have the very last 2022 model built. 

It also looks like some of the 2023 features have been rolled out over these last trailers. #1289 has the Victron controller, and Rivernerd's #1291 has the new Truma furnace. I haven't seen anyone with the new compressor fridge yet.

Here's hoping any problems with the new bits get ironed out by our March 29th delivery. And thank you to the new beta testers! 😉

  • Like 3

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 5X8 Hiker Highway Deluxe Squaredrop Trailer
2023 Oliver Elite II Twin on order - due March 28, 2023

Facebook - Instagram
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Steve and Deb said:

According to their post on the Facebook group, the owners of #1292 took delivery Friday, and have the very last 2022 model built. 

It also looks like some of the 2023 features have been rolled out over these last trailers. #1289 has the Victron controller, and Rivernerd's #1291 has the new Truma furnace. I haven't seen anyone with the new compressor fridge yet.

Here's hoping any problems with the new bits get ironed out by our March 29th delivery. And thank you to the new beta testers! 😉

Thanks for this tidbit. I'm not up to speed yet with the timing of model year change-over and process, nor the detailed differences or upgrades to the 23s over the previous models. We have an April delivery date so will be gleaning as much information as possible between now and then. Really looking forward to Spring next year. 😃

  • Like 1

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 Ordered 10/21/22 - Deliver est. 04/18/23

States Visited Map

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

It is not unusual for Oliver to "phase" in upgrades and/or changes in equipment from one year to the next.  

Bill

  • Like 4

2017 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Ollie-Haus said:

I'm not up to speed yet with the timing of model year change-over and process, nor the detailed differences or upgrades to the 23s over the previous models.

The biggies are a compressor fridge (and accompanying outside fold-down table) in the new vs electric/propane absorbsion fridge in the previous years. Victron replacing Zamp for the solar controller ( and hopefully but not likely more of the electrical system.) And lastly, with the optional Truma AC is the Truma furnace along with the previously available Truma inline water heater.

There are more differences, but I think these three were the only major changes. 

  • Like 5

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 5X8 Hiker Highway Deluxe Squaredrop Trailer
2023 Oliver Elite II Twin on order - due March 28, 2023

Facebook - Instagram
 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Moderators

I think people will likely love the Truma varioheat. More quiet and even. Night mode. If iur 15 year old suburban dies, the varioheat  is on our radar for a replacement unit. 

We have a compressor fridge. It consumes 60 to 70 ah per day. Easily managed with our 400 watts of solar, and 200 watts portable,  with a Honda 1000 backup. As most of you know, we camp without hookups 99 per cent of the time. But, we are power misers. No inverter, no microwave.  Agm batteries (2 x group 31, 105 ah.) 

 

  • Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Steve and Deb said:

According to their post on the Facebook group, the owners of #1292 took delivery Friday, and have the very last 2022 model built. 

It also looks like some of the 2023 features have been rolled out over these last trailers. #1289 has the Victron controller, and Rivernerd's #1291 has the new Truma furnace. I haven't seen anyone with the new compressor fridge yet.

Here's hoping any problems with the new bits get ironed out by our March 29th delivery. And thank you to the new beta testers! 😉

We have #1290 and chose the Truma package.  It was $3850 more.  OTT said we are the first number with the Truma package.  They made a binder with the Truma furnace and Truma A/C for us.  We also have the Victron controller.  I didn't realize that#1292 was the last 2022.  We ordered on January 28 so this year the production slots filled up very fast.  

  • Like 3

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. 

2022 Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), picked up November 7, 2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

I think people will likely love the Truma varioheat. More quiet and even. Night mode. If iur 15 year old suburban dies, the varioheat  is on our radar for a replacement unit. 

We have a compressor fridge. It consumes 60 to 70 ah per day. Easily managed with our 400 watts of solar, and 200 watts portable,  with a Honda 1000 backup. As most of you know, we camp without hookups 99 per cent of the time. But, we are power misers. No inverter, no microwave.  Agm batteries (2 x group 31, 105 ah.) 

 

I have the Truma package.  Last night we camped in Kansas with 22° as our night-time low.  The Truma Varioheat works great.  It keeps a steady temperature by varying the fan speed.  There's also a night time mode that's quieter, but I wasn't bothered by it.  We had no condensation in the morning.  The inside walls only felt cool.  Oliver makes a great trailer.  Very happy with #1290 so far.

John 

  • Like 7

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. 

2022 Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), picked up November 7, 2022

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, John Welte said:

I have the Truma package.  Last night we camped in Kansas with 22° as our night-time low.  The Truma Varioheat works great.  It keeps a steady temperature by varying the fan speed.  There's also a night time mode that's quieter, but I wasn't bothered by it. 

Would you please take some pictures of the installation and control unit? Did Oliver retain that enormous air intake grill under the curb side bed (which allows you to hear all the RACKET from the old style furnace fan.) 

If you have an iPhone, can you please download this app and do some noise testing? If you have Twin, lie on the curb side one with your head facing the galley, and the phone over your chest. Make sure the trailer is dead quiet other than the furnace.

https://apps.apple.com/us/app/decibel-db-sound-level-meter/id1227650795

I have some numbers from my furnace, it would be interesting to compare them, please start a new thread! The numbers below are NOT from my furnace. 

Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

B495EE04-482C-444D-84B2-2B14079B3A4D.jpeg

18838A5D-5A63-4528-B085-4B611250E0FD.jpeg

  • Like 1

"Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II NARV (Not An RV) Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 33" LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...