Interesting Interview with Battle Born CEO

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

We installed four BBs in our 2013 Airstream and we have re-installed three (they weren't hooked up correctly) in our 2020 Ollie.  Couldn't be happier!  Battleborn was great to work with in both installations.

Charlie.

• Like 5

ALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMA

Arizona | 2020 Oliver Elite II Twin bed Hull #617 | 2021 Ram 1500 e-Hemi 4x4

50 minutes ago, CnC said:

We installed four BBs in our 2013 Airstream and we have re-installed three (they weren't hooked up correctly) in our 2020 Ollie.  Couldn't be happier!  Battleborn was great to work with in both installations.

I agree Charlie! Battle Born Batteries is a top notch company with great customer service. 

Kirk

• Like 5

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

Thanks for posting Mike,

Great info.

We plan to let our AGMs run the course and maybe consider Lithium batteries someday. 

David 

• Like 3

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

• Moderator+
On 12/1/2022 at 8:55 AM, Patriot said:

Thanks for posting Mike,

Great info.

We plan to let our AGMs run the course and maybe consider Lithium batteries someday. 

David 

That’s what we did, David. Our original AGM’s lasted from 2013 until 2020. We installed three BB 100 amp hour batteries. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

18 minutes ago, ScubaRx said:

That’s what we did, David. Our original AGM’s lasted from 2013 until 2020. We installed three BB 100 amp hour batteries. 

Steve,

You sure got your monies worth out of those AGMs! 👍🏻

2020 OLEII - Hull #634 aka-  “XPLOR”

2021 F350 6.7 liter Diesel Lariat Ultimate Tremor 

North Carolina 🇺🇸

IMG_2879.jpeg

I really like Will's videos, my wife thinks he's a little quirky but I remind her he's an engineer.  This is a great video and Battleborn makes a great product.

I got two takeaways for those of us that will be using Lithionics batteries.  I also really like Lithionics, 100% made in USA. 

1. Battleborn "is going to install internal battery heaters in the near future" - Lithionics already has internal heaters.

2. Battleborn recommends if you are connected for a long time, like at your house, to "disconnect the batteries". Lithionics has On/Off switches that make this easy.

I believe there are many good choices on the market today and people should get what suits them best. I am happy we are going with Lithionics, Victron and Xantrex and we will make the most of our situation.

Information sharing is how we all learn, thanks for posting.

Brian

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

Battleborn "is going to install internal battery heaters in the near future"

I agree with you Brian. Except, our Battle Born batteries already have an internal heater. They are close to a year old. We have two 100 amp batteries in the back of our truck. 🙂
Kirk

• Thanks 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

2018 Ram 3500, with overland conversion: Rooftop tent, water, stove, Battle Born batteries, lockers, onboard air, raised air intake, Warn winch. 

2023 Elite 2, twin beds, delivered December 5, 2022 Truma package, lithium platinum package.
Hull #1305

2 minutes ago, snakeriveridaho said:

I agree with you Brian. Except, our Battle Born batteries already have an internal heater.

Kirk - I did make the mistake in assuming this was a recent video and didn't check the date but, I have to say, I was just quoting the CEO.  It's good yours have heaters, and now that I think about it, they have the little jumper wires that connect to themselves, correct?  I remember those from the Airstream batteries.

Surprised BB has not added a remote disconnect (On/Off) switch. I know there are many ways to do this. My preference was a BlueSea battery disconnect switch. I am guessing your truck has one?

Thanks for the continued discussion.

Brian

• Like 2

• Moderators

Yes, the vid is 2 years old, but very informative. 

• Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

51 minutes ago, Brian and Brandelyne said:

BlueSea battery disconnect switch. I

Yes, we have a master disconnect switch. The batteries have been great so far. I did look into getting them instead of the Lithionics. No way to get 630 or more amp hours of  Battle Born into the battery compartment space in the Oliver. 
Kirk

• Like 1

Kirk and Carrie Peterson

Twin Falls, Idaho

Hull #1305