Bathroom Vent Fan (Ventline)

I noticed that our bathroom vent fan is not working. Has anyone had this issue? If so, what was the culprit? I have not begun to trouble shoot it but see I can replace it for $84 or the motor for $35 or the switch for $14. Just wondering if anyone has had one of these stop working.

• Moderators

12strng,

My trailer is an '08 model and the last year or so, I have noticed it sometimes takes a couple pushes of the start switch to get the fan to turn on . . . the motor has had no trouble at all. Perhaps dust or grit effects the contacts of the switch. I'd look there for the first culprit, if you can get it out and apart try dousing it with WD40 first before ordering another. Let us know how it turns out for you.

Pete

Pete & "Bosker".    TV -  '18 F150 Super-cab Fx4; RV  - "The Wonder Egg";   '08 Elite, Hull Number 014.

Travel blog of 1st 10 years' wanderings - http://www.peteandthewonderegg.blogspot.com

visited-united-states-map (2).pngvisited-canadian-provinces-map.png

ABBCMBNBNLNSONPEQCSKYTALAKAZARCACOCTFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNJNMNYNCNDOHOKORPAPRSCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYsm.jpg

Thanks for your response bugeyedrive. I have since drilled out the rivets and removed the screen. I tested the switch and it was inoperable. I drove to RV Surplus in Elkhart and got a replacement $11.00. I installed the new one and all is well once again.

• 3 years later...

I'm about to break into my bathroom fan today... I do believe that I also have a bad switch because it has become spongy. I realize that this is an older post but, does anyone have any tips? Our bathroom fan quit working yesterday.

Reed

Happy Camping,

null

Reed & Karen Lukens with Riffles our Miniature Poodle

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

Past TV - 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 4Matic BlueTEC Diesel

Click on our avatar pic above to find the videos on our Oliver Legacy Elite II

• Moderators

Don't know what brand our bath fan is, but we live by saltwater. I think it gets some debris or corrosion near the salt spray.

Sometimes, the switch takes on a mind of its own.

Try it a few times.

But, you've probably done that..

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

• Moderator+

Before taking it all apart, try spraying the switch with WD-40 and working it a few times.  That has saved many switches for me.

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

The fan spins and works when it's getting power, I haven't gotten into it yet and will try the WD on the switch first :)

Thanks everyone :)

Happy Camping,

null

2017 Oliver Legacy Elite II  Standard, Hull #200 / 2017 Silverado High Country 1500 Short Bed 4x4

The switch was toast but the fan was simple to work on from the inside. I pulled the 2 Phillips head screws out of the screen cover in the bathroom ceiling and it slid right out. Then I pulled the screw out of the motor cover housing and slid it down and found the switch wires were easy to get to though they were soldered in. I cut off the solder ties and we have a loop right now for the fan until I find a replacement switch, but it works again anyway :)

Happy Camping,

null

• 1 year later...

Bathroom vent van suddenly quit working today on 2018 Elite II. It is the 100th day camping and trailer is still under warranty. All other electrical circuits, lights, etc are working. Push button switch on bathroom vent seems like it has from day one of camping. Any recommendations? Thanks! Darryl

• Moderators

Darryl -

Most likely problem is the push-button switch.  I assume that you have checked all your circuit breakers and they are OK and all of your other lights are functioning properly.  Since you are still under warranty, a call to Service at the number listed about would be in order.

Bill

• Thanks 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"