Part number for rear jack rocker switches?

IMG_2376.thumb.jpeg.1deec63b4c915929114fab42b07ccfbf.jpeg

Can somebody save me from having to file a Service ticket? One of mine has failed (won’t return to center). I want to replace both. Mine are the old style mounted on the front of the dog house. They seem to be pretty poor quality, a water resistant upgrade would be welcome information. Thanks.

John Davies

Spokane WA

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

That is the switch that works seamlessly in our 2008. 

I don't know about the newer trailers.

• Like 2

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 hour ago, mountainoliver said:

John I have not checked this information personally, but this was posted in the forums (I think) maybe a year ago or so. IMG_1333.thumb.jpeg.eac4ab0903405eb593fb18412fbf1120.jpeg

LOL, I can get two switches  for $7. maybe I should order 4 and put the extras in my spares kit. They cannot be high quality for that price. I bet the contacts get dirty and then arc electrically. Contact cleaner did not help mine any. It just made the outside super clean.

Baomain Momentary Rocker Switch 6 Pin DPDT Button On/Off/On AC 250V/10A 125V/15A Black Pack of 2

Thanks for the info.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

Newer trailers have 2 rubber covered toggle switches, behind the basement door, near the outdoor shower.   They might be good quality, don’t know, but mine work well.

• Like 4

“Ramble” - 2021 Legacy Elite II #797;  2020 Ford F-250

1 hour ago, John E Davies said:

LOL, I can get two switches  for $7. maybe I should order 4 and put the extras in my spares kit.

John I would order a dozen if you are going to use a ten amp switch on a 30 amp circuit.  🙂

Gotcha!

GJ

• Wow 1

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

• Moderators

15 a on 115. Works way better than a dead switch , having to bring the jack up or down, manually, cranking. 

Might not be the best, but on our 2008, has worked for quite awhile. Two years, or so? Easy replacement. 

Spare in the seat bin.

The newer switches with rubber boot might be a better replacement.  But original, like the above, lasted 13 seasons, for us.  (Note, our jack switches on older ollies are mounted beneath an eyebrow, above the jacks, so we have some protection.)

Edited by SeaDawg
Add note on location
  • Like 1

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

6 hours ago, Geronimo John said:

John I would order a dozen if you are going to use a ten amp switch on a 30 amp circuit.  🙂

Those rear jacks really should have relays mounted close to them. I wonder what the surge current amps is… that would actually be a pretty simple mod. But it is a lot simpler to swap a $3 switch that pops out and in with retainer clips. Like my hot water heater outside switch that froze solid on the last trip.  #%^* crappy RV parts. Grrr.

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Like 2

Has anyone tried using a remote control switch for the rear curbside jack (away from the switches)?. I think it would be doable to install a remote control winch switch, so you could see the jack and dial- in the right lift without guessing from the opposite side of the trailer.

• Like 2

LeBill

Elite I  Hull 1352  

2021 Jeep Gladiator

Northwestern NC (retired)

21 hours ago, LeBill said:

so you could see the jack and dial- in the right lift without guessing from the opposite side of the trailer.

Instead of guessing or eye-balling the OTT when leveling, we've used a standard "bullet" level placed on the floor near the main hatch for Fore/Aft and Port/Stbd level - now we're using Micro-Air's Easy Touch RV level gauge mounted on the forward bulkhead near the main hatch threshold.

• Like 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX