City water intake leak.

City water intake has developed a leak. Fortunately outside the trailer but large enough to make me not popular with any campground. When I feel around where the water is coming out, there is a small bit of rubber sticking out.

Anyone replaced one of these? Doesn't seem to have any access from the basement. 

Are these standard parts I could get at any RV part store? I could not find one online that matched  I have not reached out to Oliver Service yet. But I am in Alaska and a long way from home for them to ship. 

Appreciate any advice before I pull out my screw driver. 

PXL_20230620_162038124.jpg

Bill Thomas 2019 Elite II Hull # 534

2020 Chevrolet Silverado HD 2500

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators
14 minutes ago, ThomB87 said:

When I feel around where the water is coming out, there is a small bit of rubber sticking out.

And - 

Exactly where might you be feeling around?  Outside the hull?  Inside the hull?  How bad is it leaking - stream or fast drip?

Do you have a !/2 inch Allen wrench handy - like THIS?  Do you have spare hose washers handy?

Bill

• Like 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators
15 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

Do you have a !/2 inch Allen wrench handy

This is what I use, since I don’t own a 1/2" Allen wrench!

Mossey

IMG_2534.thumb.jpeg.4335deceaae96bea555a2e75a15b4f05.jpeg

• Like 4

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

42 minutes ago, topgun2 said:

And - 

Exactly where might you be feeling around?  Outside the hull?  Inside the hull?  How bad is it leaking - stream or fast drip?

Do you have a !/2 inch Allen wrench handy - like THIS?  Do you have spare hose washers handy?

Bill

Outside the trailer where the hose screws in. The best I can describe is where the connector spins around to screw on the hose meets the solid post. The protubing rubber must be part of the seal for the rotating female connector to the hose.  It is a slow stream at this point. At first it was fast drip but got worse.  

I do have a 1/2 inch Allen wrench and spare hose washers. 

Thanks

• Moderators

First thing I'd do is simply replace the hose washer - 

Take out that piece of rubber you mentioned above, put in a new hose washer and screw the hose (or black plug) back into the "city connection".

Let us know how it goes.

Bill

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Near Asheville, NC

• Moderators
3 hours ago, mossemi said:

This is what I use, since I don’t own a 1/2" Allen wrench!

Yep - and it is a bunch less expensive too.

Note -  either of these tools is used to either tighten or remove the back flow preventer if it is present by viewing (usually you have to use a light) into the city, fresh tank or winterization ports.  

I've been told that on newer model Ollies the back flow preventer valve has been moved further inboard.

Bill

Near Asheville, NC

While you've got the washer and screen out I'd take out that 1/2 inch Allen wrench and make sure the fitting is snug. The wrench fits into the hose opening behind the washer/screen combo. Should be snug. Don't need to torque it.

• Like 2

Stephanie and Dudley from CT.  2022 LE2, Hull #1150: Eggcelsior.

Tow vehicle: 2016 GMC Sierra 6.0 gas dually 4x4.

Our Oliver journey: Steph and Dud B's RV Screed

Where we've been RVing since 1999:

ALAZCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMOMTNENVNHNMNYNCNDOHOKORPASCSDTNTXUTVTVAWAWVWIWYmed.jpg.b96241bad6752dec89d25af6ffbc8d99.jpg

Ok my set of allen wrenches doesn't go to a 1/2 inch. Trio to the hardware store. But manvered my phone behind the fitting to get a picture of where the leak is. Not a great picture once I enlarge it. But if you can see the black rubber protruding behind the fitting. That is where the leak is. 

original_f1cd4090-1253-4150-b3be-f582a6d9d5db_PXL_20230621_004402454.jpg

Wow, you have really really great eye sight!   

GJ

TV:  2019 F-150 SuperCrew Lariat, 3.5L EcoBoost, Max Tow, FX-4, Rear Locker      OLLIE:  2018 OE2 Hull 342, Twin Bed.    OLLIE DIY’s: Timken Bearings, BB LiFePO4's, Victron 712 Smart, 350 Amp Master Switch, Houghton 3400, Victron Orion DC - DC, 3000-Watt Renogy Inverter, P.D. 60-amp Converter, Frig Dual Exhaust Fans, Kitchen Drawer Straps.    TV DIY’s:  2 5/16" Anderson System, Nitto recon’s, Firestone Rear Air Bags, Bilstein 5100’s, Mud Flaps & Weather Tech all, installed Ham Radio (WH6JPR).

image.jpeg.9633acdfb75740f0fd358e1a5118f105.jpeg

Thanks exactly what I needed to know. Planned trip to hardware this AM to get an allen wrench and keep it in my trailer tool box.  I have spare washers. 

Fixed. But two trips to the hardware store. First was the 1/2 hex to add to my socket set. No 1/2 inch allen but they had one for a socket wrench. The second trip was for a O ring. When I pulled the fitting off, the seal was a O ring not a washer. I now have a spare. 

Thanks for all the input. 

Edited by ThomB87
add information
  • Thanks 1