Cleaning Floor of Excess glue

I searched the forum and could not find anything on this.  I am hull 246, 2017 and just now getting around to cleaning the excess glue around the edge of my floor.  Doing complete maintenance as getting ready to go out west next year.  Did any others have this issue.  Not sure why it exist from factory but see the picture.  What are suggestions to clean it with so not to damage the vinyl floor?

IMG_2437.thumb.jpeg.47d1d63936028c4658605d39daa1e124.jpeg

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators

I usually start with a plastic razor blade or scraper.  I've had success with De-Solv-It, Goo Gone or Goof Off on a coarse rag.  And don’t kill yourself because mine seems to come back a little less each time I clean the edges.

Mossey

• Like 2

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

Yep, plastic scraper with a brand new blade, change frequently. I just did my floor a month ago, it gets nasty where the dirt sticks to that rough surface. This is GREAT:

FOSHIO Plastic Razor Blade Scraper Include 2PCS Scraper Tool and 100PCS Blades

John Davies

Spokane WA

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: https://olivertraveltrailers.com/topic/john-e-davies-how-to-threads-and-tech-articles-links/

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

3 hours ago, Going said:

Not sure why it exist from factory but see the picture.  What are suggestions to clean it with so not to damage the vinyl floor?

I'm pretty sure it exists because neither the fiberglass floor nor the vinyl flooring itself are porous materials. The adhesive really has no place to absorb into like it does with the typical concrete or plywood underlayment and some of that adhesive near the outside edge finds its way out before curing. I replaced mine over a year ago and still get a couple of spots now and then.

• Like 2

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

Our flooring and the surrounding fiberglass had a lot of sticky residue when I picked up Ollie-Haus. The first evening in Oliver campground I noticed my socks were quite dirty on the bottom after a little while milling around in the camper learning the systems. I decided to us a wash cloth saturated with hot water to just wipe the floor down. To my surprise, all the sticky residue came off with moderate effort just using hot water. I don't know if this is the same substance you are trying to clean, but I would start with hot water with a little detergent in it and see if that works before getting more aggressive. Hope this helps. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 4

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

On 7/1/2023 at 8:23 AM, John E Davies said:

These are the bomb!  Scraping off excess "anything" on gelcoat - a "must have" for anyone owning an Oliver, Casita, CT-22, or a sailboat, IMO.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX