3 Way Refrigerator Fan?

I’m packing up for a couple of days of father daughter camping, with the curb side in direct sun.  There’s clearly a cooling fan running, but I’m not certain if this is a Dometic feature of one added by the previous owner.  It’s a bit on the noisy side.  

Does anyone know if the fan is standard?

I did deploy the awing to get it shaded.

• Like 2

Hull #364 - The Roadrunner 

2023 F350 CCLB SRW 6.7L

ALAKAZARCACOFLGAHIIDILINIAKSKYLAMAMNMSMO

• The title was changed to 3 Way Refrigerator Fan?
travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

It is a Dometic factory job. If it gets screechy you will either have to remove the fridge to reach it, or disconnect its power wire from the control board. It is completely inaccessible from the outside except by tiny mice. It is controlled by a nearby temp sensor. Removing both vent covers might help with airflow .

IMG_2943.jpeg.faf11fb6d484d451db55d19625658b0e.jpeg

John Davies

Spokane WS

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

SOLD 07/23 "Mouse":  2017 Legacy Elite II Two Beds, Hull Number 218, See my HOW TO threads: 

Tow Vehicle: 2013 Land Cruiser 200, 32” LT tires, airbags, Safari snorkel, Maggiolina Grand Tour 360 Carbon RTT.

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

Does anyone know if the fan is standard?

It was on hull 193.  Mine is located high and in back of the refrigerator.  It is accessible through the upper exterior refrigerator vent.  The power switch is on the main panel in the foyer.  And in a pinch you can remove the upper vent panel for some convection cooling.

Mossey

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Mike and Krunch   Lutz, FL  
2017 LEII #193 “the dog house”

5 minutes ago, mossemi said:

It was on hull 193.  Mine is located high and in back of the refrigerator.  It is accessible through the upper exterior refrigerator vent.  The power switch is on the main panel in the foyer.  And in a pinch you can remove the upper vent panel for some convection cooling.

Mossey

No factory fan on hull 45 but I added a double fan with auto controller to the upper vent opening. Amazed at how much heat it removes when set to high speed.

362050052_527358066181781_1545505160638899916_n.jpg

• Like 3

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.

CRM, does your added fan have an integrated thermostat? This is a smart upgrade, given the Dometic fridge gets that hot. Is it always hot when running the fridge, or hotter when running on LP? Amazon item? Let us know if you have a part # or source. Thanks

• Like 2

Chris & John in Prescott, AZ | 2016 EII #113 | '01 Ram 2500 Cummins!

• Moderators
42 minutes ago, mossemi said:

Same for 135.

• Like 4

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

7 minutes ago, jd1923 said:

CRM, does your added fan have an integrated thermostat? This is a smart upgrade, given the Dometic fridge gets that hot. Is it always hot when running the fridge, or hotter when running on LP? Amazon item? Let us know if you have a part # or source. Thanks

Yes, it has a controller and a temp sensor wire built in, though I leave it set to OFF while not in use since the fan will run on low speed once the temp is over 70f. I almost always run the fridge on AC but it seems to extract about the same amount of heat no matter what power source the fridge is using.

Here's the model. Might be able to find it cheaper elsewhere since it's gone up around $30 from this seller since I purchased it.  It's designed to attach to the grill itself but I couldn't get that method to work with the amount of space I was dealing with. Just used parts of the kit and mounted it to the vent frame instead. 

TITAN cooling fan

• Thanks 3
  • Like 1

2010 Elite II, Hull #45.  2014 Toyota Sequoia Platinum 4WD 5.7 with tow package.