Furrion RV power inlet replacement

WandR

Has anyone had to replace their Furrion 30 amp RV power inlet?  The center of my inlet, which is plastic, and broken and thus the connectors and not longer stiff and secure.  I am currently camping and am able to connect to power due to the fact that once the male connector is in the female plug and the retaining ring tightened everything remains in the proper place.  However, I need to correct as soon as possible as I only think this will get worse and more dangerous.   I have found what I believe to the correct furrion inlet on e-trailer https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Power-Inlets/Furrion/F30ITSSS.html 

Curious if anyone has replaced their power inlet and what the process might be.  Also trying to confirm is I have the right Furrion power inlet.

Thanks,

Walter

Walter & Rebecca| 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II | Hull #104 | "SoGo" | Nissan Titan SL 5.6L w/ Tow Package

ALAZCOIDIAKSKYLAMIMSMOMTNENVNMOHSDTNTXUT

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory

That looks to be the correct part, but if you call the service department I'm sure they would gladly give you the part number and explain anything involved in the replacement process. They are very willing to help with information. 

• Like 3

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• Moderators

I had to replace mine.  I didn’t have time to order and just stopped by one of our the local RV dealers with a parts department. My replacement is black plastic, Furrion.  It was an easy replacement.  It looks like what you picked out will work fine.  The stainless steel costs about 4 times the one I got.  Mine doesn’t look as good but works fine.  I did notice that the cover is a separate piece and I think I can reuse my stainless cover.  It just hasn’t been high enough on the priority list to replace it!  Nobody seemed to notice at the rally….  Mike

• Like 1
  • Wow 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

• Moderator+

That is too much to pay for a RV Power Inlet - 30 Amp Twist Lock. Its being made from Stainless Steel that makes it so expensive. I really don't like purchasing from etrailer. If you get a defective part, you have to deal with the actual manufacturer of the part for exchange as they won't allow you to send it back to them. I always buy from Amazon. If there's a problem, they will always allow you to send it back.

• Like 4

Steve, Tali and our dog Rocky plus our beloved Storm, Maggie, Lucy and Reacher (all waiting at the Rainbow Bridge)

2008 Legacy Elite I - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #026 | 2014 Legacy Elite II - Outlaw Oliver, Hull #050 | 2022 Silverado High Country 3500HD SRW Diesel 4x4 

801469912_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-I.jpg.26814499292ab76ee55b889b69ad3ef0.jpg1226003278_StatesVisitedTaliandSteve08-23-2021-H.jpg.dc46129cb4967a7fd2531b16699e9e45.jpg

Thanks everyone for the input and advice.  Back at a camp site with some wifi.  I appreciate everyones input in terms of checking with the service department, believing it is the correct part, noting the cost is high, going with another less costly/flashy furrion option, and where to purchase.  

I will definitely tackle upon my return.  I was just worried it would be a bigger project than it appears given out double hulls and spacing.

Thanks,

Walter

• Like 2

Walter & Rebecca| 2015 Oliver Legacy Elite II | Hull #104 | "SoGo" | Nissan Titan SL 5.6L w/ Tow Package

ALAZCOIDIAKSKYLAMIMSMOMTNENVNMOHSDTNTXUT

• Moderators
11 hours ago, katanapilot said:

Sorry, I just don't understand the nickle and diming that some folks do on a $70K + trailer.

I found a major issue with my power inlet (lose lug that caused some surrounding plastic to melt) as we were preparing to depart on a long trip.  A direct replacement (stainless steel) would have taken days to arrive.  I chose to go to a local RV shop just minutes away for a replacement I could install and still be on our way.  It wasn’t a question of cost.

At some point I will replace the plastic with the original stainless steel cover.  Mike

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

Sept 2020 I paid $125 + S&H for the Furrion replacement shipped from Oliver.  It was the first thing I replaced (having damaged the original) on our trailer.  As I remember I did not have much length on the wires coming from inside.  

At the time, Jason said "We use two different power inlets on the camper depending on what options you get but I am attaching links to both for you."

As to what those differences are, I do not know, so I bought the same as that which came on the trailer, although Jason said they had also used the 
Marinco 303SSEL-B 30A Power Inlet, which if you search, appears to be less expensive, and is also S/S.

As others have mentioned, call OTT Service.

B~Out 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

Maggie & Bryan | Arnegard, ND | 2020 LE II "Twins" Hull #665 | 2021 RAM 2500  6.4L HEMI Gasser  4dr  6.5' bed

ABBCMBNBNTNSONPEQCSKYTALARCTDEFLGAILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMIMNMSMONENHNJNYNCNDOHOKPARISCSDTNTXVTVAWVWIxlg.jpg.d41b39fcf844ad1935d35acdc8a6c203.jpg