No, it isn't an Airstream

HDRider

We took a four day, three park trip through northern Arkansas this week.  Our Oliver is still very new to us, and we love it.  I think this is our third trip since getting it in August. 

Every single time we have been out we have at least one person ask us if our Oliver is an Airstream.  One was kind of funny, he said, "I did not know Airstream made a plastic camper."

Do you get that question, or Airstream comment?

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Units for Sale
View Inventory
  • Moderators
1 hour ago, HDRider said:

Every single time we have been out we have at least one person ask us if our Oliver is an Airstream.  One was kind of funny, he said, "I did not know Airstream made a plastic camper."

You'll get used to it.

Its those guys that "surprise" me at the gas pumps that I still don't like.😒

Bill

• Haha 1
  • Wow 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

Met many nice folks showing Ollie. 

Sometimes we have questions, “What is it” or “It’s like an Airstream”, or “Is it new”.  

We had a note on Ollie one time in PA from a couple with their campsite number wanting to see inside Ollie.

We were the same way when we first saw an Ollie during 2010, after being shown the interior and exterior by a very nice couple from FL, we hoped we would be able to buy one.

• Like 4

2015 LE2

The Oliver is an attention getter.

One guy came up that was in his second Casita.  He is seriously considering going to an Oliver.  We talked about our trailer and gave him the tour.  I expect he is going to join our forum, and stop by the factory on his way home to NC.  He was struck by the component quality of the Oliver compared to the Casita. 

We talked to a young man that was interested in our Oliver.  He and his family are big long time campers.  He was in a refurbed 1966 Avion.  He fell in and out of love with our Oliver as we discussed the cost of an Oliver.  I suggested he join our forum and look at an older used model.

Oliver's sell themselves. 

• Like 6

2023 Legacy Elite II - Twin Bed - Hull #1423

TV - 2015 Silverado 2500 Duramax 4x4

• Moderators
1 hour ago, HDRider said:

He was struck by the component quality of the Oliver compared to the Casita. 

When I originally started down the molded fiberglass trail I didn't know Oliver existed (like most of us).  So, I arranged to take a tour of a Casita.  

My initial "problem" was that I could not stand straight up in the shower.  But, as we sat at her dinette I looked around and saw that the "oak" cabinets were actually particle board with an "oak" decal.  The floor simply looked "cheap" and the fit and finish was not good - and this was a trailer that was only one year old.

A week later - I found Oliver!😃

Bill

• Like 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

On 10/7/2023 at 6:29 AM, HDRider said:

very single time we have been out we have at least one person ask us if our Oliver is an Airstream.

We were camping at Redstone Arsenal Army base and I was sitting outside under the awning listening to music.  A guy walked by with his dogs, stopped and said "Well...what the hell is it??"  I said it's an Oliver, he said, "I saw that but what the hell is an Oliver?"  I told him about it and he said he thought it might be one of the new Airstreams.

BL

I keep having people ask what a "Curiosity" trailer is. When I tell them it is our name for the trailer, and that it is an Oliver, they've generally never heard of the brand before, either. 🤷‍♂️

From this weekend; Halloween weekend at Mosquito Lake State Park in Ohio:
IMG_9892.thumb.jpeg.f7ffe7b182cf5f0e80b58821ea982091.jpeg

• Like 3

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

1 hour ago, Wandering Sagebrush said:

I really like your trailer’s name

Thank you!

• Like 1

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg