Shower Mat

SYoung

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

We've got one that looks like teak wood but is actually synthetic wood.  It's the same height/thickness as the teak wood option - so if you're more than 73 inches your head hits the fan... (had to double check my spelling on that phrase).  Its nice to have a clean surface to shower on, but bumping your head is a concern for some...  Just say'n.

• Like 2

spacer.png

Art, Diane, Magnus & Oscar (double-Aaarrf!)

• 2022 TUNDRA w/Airlift Load Lifter 5000 kit
  • 2017 LE II; Hull #226 "Casablanca", 3x Battle Borns; Victron Cerbo S GX, Other Victron Stuff: SmartShunt, MPPT Solar Controller,  DC-DC Charger, 12VDC Starlink kit, and Alcan 5-pack Leaf Springs
  • HAM call-sign:  W0ABX

• Moderators
4 hours ago, MAX Burner said:

Its nice to have a clean surface to shower on, but bumping your head is a concern for some...  Just say'n.

Yep - 

After spending several hours making my own shower mat during the first winter I owned my Ollie I finally got the chance to actually take it out to the storage yard and see how it fit in the shower.  It looked great, the fit was perfect (including the curve of the shower pan) and I was in total awe of my abilities to actually create such a thing of beauty with only my original cardboard template as a guide.

Until ------

I decided to step into the shower and quickly realized I was too tall (I'm right at 6 foot) with the beautiful shower mat in place!😒

So, from that point on I simply use a "shower rug" similar to THIS ONE.

Bill

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

We got this one last year, soon after placing the order for our Oliver. I see that Foy now makes a similar version in addition to his previous square opening model.

https://www.teakworks4u.com/collections/teak-mats-for-airstream/products/oliver-travel-trailer-mat

(photo from web site)

OliverMatinShower_562x750.jpg.webp.f4d1045159a3ec8b7518257dfc1861c2.webp

You can sometimes find discount coupons. I looked at our cost including shipping, and it was less than the current list price.

We actually take ours out while showering. It is easier to squeegee the shower with it not there. Plus, when we put it back in after a shower, the floor is dry instead of standing on wet fiberglass. And, having had a teak deck on the back of a boat, I know how nasty the bottom side can be unless frequently cleaned. With our mat always dry, it never needs maintenance.

• Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

At 6'2" I hit my head regularly on the fan. Raising the level of the shower pan even a fraction is a no go for us. 

• Like 3

What's today?............. the most frequently asked question as a retiree 🙄

Chris and Stacie Neuhaus Greenfield, Indiana

2021 Ford F350 7.3L Tremor (Redzilla)

LE2 #1373 - Ordered 10/21/22 - Delivered 05/10/23

States Visited Map

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Ollie-Haus said:

At 6'2" I hit my head regularly on the fan. Raising the level of the shower pan even a fraction is a no go for us. 

I remember telling someone my sad story about shower mats (see post above) and they suggested that I shower while sitting on the toilet.

Somehow that suggestion struck me as being somewhere between taking a bath and being so sick that I could not stand.  But, I still tried it out.  Yep - somewhere between ......😁

Bill

• Haha 4

2023 Ford F150 Lariat 3.5EB FX4 Max Towing, Max Payload, 2016 Oliver Elite II - Hull #117 "Twist"

I have this one off amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0CCX4XGC8?psc=1&ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details

it did require some modification and fitting but it works pretty good. Im 6'2" so it does make it a tight fit to stand in the shower, however i also have a "squatty potty" type stool in there and usually shower sitting on that. Im used to having to shower on a rocking ship so its usually easier for me to shower sitting down on the ship anyways so im used to it.

• Like 3

2018 F150 FX4 5.0v8 

2022 Oliver Elite Hull #1285

2023 Oliver Elite Hull #1434