Aussie quality!

rich.dev

A bit of a lengthy video, but wow how about the quality of this trailer from Australia. I'm just blown away at how NA is still stuck in the dark ages with quality/decor of RVs/Trailers! Love the air suspension, and the almost Oliver sterile look inside the traier. They didn't mention anything about heated under belly, so maybe not good for NA weather!

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

TV: 2024 Silverado 2500HD 6.6L 10-Speed Allison

travel trailer units for sale
Find Oliver Inventory Travel Trailers for Sale
View Inventory

...and another one, that nice air suspension again, and don't those rock tamers look familiar, i.e. @John E Davies😉

• Like 1

2023 Elite II, Hull# 1386, Lithium Platinum Package (640AH, 400W Solar, 3000W Xantrex Inverter)
Truma water heater & AC

Watched all of the first one, awesome. I wonder how much these things cost? You are so right and have known for years the Aussies put NA to shame on the RV industry which on the whole is a bit of a cruel joke. The windows and suspension on this rig is incredible and up to the task for the rugged Australian outback. I would own one in a heartbeat and never look back. Love the all AC power situation to. We have induction  range in our house and love it, wouldn't go back to gas for any reason. The exteriors are not the coolest looking thing but otherwise hands down better engineering and design. 

• Like 2

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators

I was curious, too, @routlaw.  I looked up the 19' zone Peregrine (first one.) It listed at $139k AUD, which at today's rate is around $90k USD. Pretty good price, imo, for all they got. 

We've had two wonderful camping trips in Australia.  The variety of outstanding campers and features available there are amazing. But, they also have some run of the mill stickies available for those who don't or can't spend up. 

The base price includes solar and lithium, but other options can drive it up. Wait list (looks like sold only in Australia) is around 10 months.

https://www.zonerv.com.au/off-road-caravans/peregrine/?hsCtaTracking=55468c5f-b426-4ed6-bad7-449500fda63d|2569a05d-413c-4476-b34e-6c897aded12e

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

1 minute ago, routlaw said:

Did the same thing too @SeaDawg thats a heck of a lot of trailer, camper for 90K. That much solar and LI-i0n batteries really stands out as a bargain.

Yes, and they fit a lot of stuff in a small camper, even a dry bath.

• Like 2

Truma water heater & AC

Remember, those prices do not include shipping to the US, import fees, etc. Before ordering the Oliver, we were working with the sole US importer of Kimberley Kampers, which happened to be in my home town, and were looking at the mid-size Kimberly Kruiser S3. And this was just before COVID and the Suez Canal blockage. It was a $90k trailer with about $8k of shipping and other fees. Eight moths later, it was $15-20k in shipping, and due to supply chain problems, the price jumped to $140k. Out the door with taxes was going to end up north of $175k. For the small percentage of the time we'd use it off-road far enough to need its features (air suspension, water purification, solar out the wazoo) we couldn't remotely justify it over the Oliver.

One of our previous forum members, @donthompson moved to the bigger Kimberley Kruiser T3. 
https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/6211-a-second-new-direction-kimberley-t3-kruiser/#comment-65745

Note that a lot of the Australian campers are being built in China these days. And then "assembled" in Australia (or in the US in the case of the Series Black, that used to come from Australia.) Buyer beware!

• Like 2

-----
Steve - Northern Ohio, USA
Wandering around on occasion, always lost.
2021 Toyota Land Cruiser - 2023 Oliver Elite II Twin Hull #1360 “Curiosity”
Facebook - Instagram

Camped in Curiosity = Green —— Visited with Curiosity = Gray

map.jpg

35 minutes ago, Steve Morris said:

Note that a lot of the Australian campers are being built in China these days.

Steve, I'm sure that's true for most of the cheaper stickies, but Titanium Caravans and Zone RV are built in Australia.

• Thanks 2

Truma water heater & AC

Finally had the time to watch the 2nd video, another really nice one chock full of great features, details and quality not seen on the NA campers. The mechanical rooms alone are mind boggling. Both campers seem flush with quality and nice design, IMHO. 

Regarding China, it is worth pointing out many items stamped with made in USA are really foreign made parts assembled in the US, more than most people might realize. There certainly is a lot of cheaply made items from there but I have also experienced some state of the art products made in China. Not here to carry water for China by any means but they are capable of very high quality products at least some of the time. I have seen some of their road building engineering that would blow anyones mind. 

Regardless thanks for sharing the vids very interesting campers. 

• Like 2

Legacy Elite II #70

• Moderators
2 hours ago, Steve Morris said:

Remember, those prices do not include shipping to the US, import fees, etc. Before ordering the Oliver, we were working with the sole US importer of Kimberley Kampers, which happened to be in my home town, and were looking at the mid-size Kimberly Kruiser S3. And this was just before COVID and the Suez Canal blockage. It was a $90k trailer with about $8k of shipping and other fees. Eight moths later, it was $15-20k in shipping, and due to supply chain problems, the price jumped to $140k. Out the door with taxes was going to end up north of $175k. For the small percentage of the time we'd use it off-road far enough to need its features (air suspension, water purification, solar out the wazoo) we couldn't remotely justify it over the Oliver.

One of our previous forum members, @donthompson moved to the bigger Kimberley Kruiser T3. 
https://olivertraveltrailers.com/forums/topic/6211-a-second-new-direction-kimberley-t3-kruiser/#comment-65745

Note that a lot of the Australian campers are being built in China these days. And then "assembled" in Australia (or in the US in the case of the Series Black, that used to come from Australia.) Buyer beware!

In addition to @donthompson@Raspy also sold his Oliver and went to a Black Series HQ19.  After a couple of years he sold his Black Series and got an Xplore, another Aussie trailer.  Now he has a Roamer1.  I think he said he was coming to the rally and I’m sure he’ll be available to talk about it!  Mike

• Thanks 1

Texas Hill Country | 2016 Elite II #135 | 2020 Ram 2500 6.7L

ALAZARCACOFLGAIDILKSKYLAMDMSMOMTNENVNMNYNCNDOHOKSCSDTNTXUTVAWVWYsm.jpgALAZARCACOCTDEFLGAIDILINIAKSKYLAMEMDMAMS

4 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

I was curious, too, @routlaw.  I looked up the 19' zone Peregrine (first one.) It listed at $139k AUD, which at today's rate is around $90k USD. Pretty good price, imo, for all they got. 

We've had two wonderful camping trips in Australia.  The variety of outstanding campers and features available there are amazing. But, they also have some run of the mill stickies available for those who don't or can't spend up. 

The base price includes solar and lithium, but other options can drive it up. Wait list (looks like sold only in Australia) is around 10 months.

https://www.zonerv.com.au/off-road-caravans/peregrine/?hsCtaTracking=55468c5f-b426-4ed6-bad7-449500fda63d|2569a05d-413c-4476-b34e-6c897aded12e

We're in Tasmania during their summer.  I have been some nice rigs, but lots of stick built ones too.  I haven't seen any fiberglass units.

John

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

• Moderators

@John Welte, I have to confess, I'm a bit jealous.  We love Tasmania. 

Hoping to get back again, and someday finish the big loop around Australia. We still have the northern section to complete the circuit.

With a grand baby due any day, it won't be this year...

Enjoy your time. You're with family there?

2008 Ram 1500 4 × 4

2008 Oliver Elite, Hull #12

Florida and Western North Carolina, or wherever the truck goes....

400 watts solar. DC compressor fridge. No inverter. 2 x 105 ah agm batteries .  Life is good.

5 hours ago, SeaDawg said:

@John Welte, I have to confess, I'm a bit jealous.  We love Tasmania. 

Hoping to get back again, and someday finish the big loop around Australia. We still have the northern section to complete the circuit.

With a grand baby due any day, it won't be this year...

Enjoy your time. You're with family there?

Tasmania has been great.  Summer temperatures here in Hobart are between 70-75 every day with a breeze.  I drove up north to the Bass Strait to meet a Facebook friend.  Greener there.  The Midlands was dry and warmer.  Our son lives in Hobart and bought a house here.  We're spending time with our granddaughter.  Great times.  Seven weeks this visit.  We will be back.  Driving on the left is easier than I imagined.  Just look right when at a roundabout!

John 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

John and Debbie, Beaverton, Oregon,  2017 Ford Expedition EL 4x4 3.5 liter Ecoboost, with heavy duty tow package. Hull #1290, twin bed with Truma package (a/c, furnace, hot water heater with electric antifreeze option), lithium pro package, picked up November 7, 2022

spacer.png

@John Welte I am very jealous, some of the most beautiful beaches around Esperance, absolutely breathtaking, crystal clear water, and snowy white beaches! Being from Canada that’s about the only thing I can relate to…the “snowy white”!😜

• Like 2

Truma water heater & AC