Jump to content

All Activity

This stream auto-updates

  1. Past hour
  2. The long wait is finally over!!! 2Dreamin has a new beginning, those planned and those that are unexpected on the road or off the road we are Apex ready. Come along with us on our journey to see what is just around the corner. Click on the link, subscribe and ring the bell to get notifications when a new video or short is uploaded to our YouTube channel. Hull #1738 https://youtube.com/shorts/gxLY7IRslJo?si=UfrcGxzsi_Mkrd0V
  3. Today
  4. As a first step, i wash off with alot of sudsy soap water and sponge bath, letting it soak the bugs, then go bug and tar remover for the relatively few that persist.
  5. Can anyone connect me? I lost their contact info. They had just had some major changes/additions to their electrical set up. It was done in Lebanon, TN. Thanks, Pat, #1189
  6. What a beautiful start and the perfect name — Odyssey. Welcome to the Oliver family — see you at the Rally!
  7. Yesterday
  8. Thank you topgun2 for getting me in the right string. I think I’m starting to understand how the strings work. We are camping now in Nova Scotia, but when I get the covers off, I’ll take a picture. I think I understand that Baker ships the jacks with vertical steel plates welded to the tubes and Oliver has changed to a single piece steel angle iron, which looks a lot stronger than the older ones. Not sure about the square holes in the steel and iron? if I were making it, I would drill round holes and use regular Bolts and washers instead of carriage bolts.
  9. Bug and Tar Remover, then wash and re-wax.
  10. Alex & Kelly, Looks like a great launch into the next chapter of your lives. The Odyssey will take you to many wondrous places throughout this land and your experiences will enrich your lives and souls. Welcome to the Ollie family. I look forward to meeting you at the rally in a few weeks. Pete / site B49
  11. Wow, that's the way to start out with your new Oliver! 🤠
  12. This is my thought too as long as it being turned in the right direction as suggested. It's a brass fitting on my Oliver so not easy to break and mine is stiff but it turns.
  13. Welcome to the family! Remember to bring a camera and a notebook to the Rally. Hopefully we will get a chance to exchange a few words there. Bill
  14. I did take the anode back out and will install a new access hole thankyou and drained all fluids from the hot water tank.
  15. That is great advice which I really appreciate. I was able to get the valve partway closed and I put the anode back in. I was able to get pink antifreeze to come out of all faucets hot and cold and outside shower. So all good for now. Next spring I will drill and cut a new access hole thankyou for the help
  16. We are Alex and Kelly, the new owners (as of June '26) of Hull 1458, or as we have name it, "The Odyssey." We've been looking at Olivers for a number of years and just couldn't settle, I suspect even frustrating Jason somewhere along the line as he patiently tried to help us make up our minds a couple times. As providence would have it, Hull 1458 (which happens to be a special number for us) popped up for sale early in 2026, and we were able to work out a deal with the former owners (Art and Jill), who graciously waited for Kelly to finish teaching in May this year so we could drive cross country from Florida to Oregon, then take about three months traveling back home and taking in some amazing sites in this beautiful Country we call home (video highlights attached)... We're looking forward to the Rally at Lake Guntersville (THANKS Adam!) later this month... See you all there!! Cannon Beach, Oregon 9F255D47-6E77-4EBD-BC48-D587624552CB.mp4
  17. Yes, FORCE it until it moves! First be certain of which is the correct direction to turn. Get the right hold on it with a Channel Lock pliers. You may need two tools, one to hold the valve and another to turn the handle. This is exactly what would be done if you took it somewhere for repair. In my 48 years of car repairs, I find many fail in certain repairs due to their thinking. Sometimes these kind of repairs take more time thinking it through than actually doing it. Did you try turning it seated or laying the opposite direction? Did you try it left-handed? The saying goes, "try and try again" while thinking through alternative means. Next idea, get somebody younger and stronger. I used to be able to do almost anything. Not anymore. These days if I can't do it myself, I call our son Adam the two of us together certainly WILL get 'er done! In our EII hull, OTT put the access panel about 6" OFF from the best position, go figure. I find it turns turns easier reaching through the air vent to the furnace. But you have an Elite I which is much different! Perhaps you need to add an access panel. Drill a 4" or 6" opening with a hole saw and add a marine access panel. I understand we don't like drilling into the Oliver, but keep in mind you'll need to get in there quickly twice a year! https://www.amazon.com/AOWEITOUR-Inspection-Detachable-Suitable-facilities/dp/B0CFXNMJBB/
  18. I always have a kneeling pad and ground cover with me. They are from Mud River and were originally for the dog crates and a seat cover. Both are canvas on top and “water proof” on the bottom. Water proof is subjective. BTW, we are just 10 hull numbers apart.
  19. Agree. For winter, I drain the hot water tank. Don’t want antifreeze in there!
  20. I think it is not good to put antifrezee in hot water heater. Maybe stronger mind’s know more .. or give OTT a call…
  21. Skipster - Given the relative newness of your Ollie - have you tried calling or emailing Service to see what they would recommend? Bill
  22. My wife and I just returned from a trip out west and we encountered quite a few bugs on the trip back. We have only owned the trailer since April and wanted to see how others have handled the issue of removing bugs from the Oliver. We did not get the professional finish as we are planning to have that done next year. In the mean time, any thoughts?
  23. thanks good idea for sure. right now I'm winterizing and can not close the valve so wondering how to go forward. six gallon regular..hopefully I won't have to put 6 gallons on antifreeze in the tank to finish winterizing the water lines
  24. @Skipster i see you looked at my post back in August.. in the near future i might put a more beefer valve in there. Dont know if you have the truma agua or reg 6 gal .. my 6 inch hatch makes a lot easier to access that valve..good luck..
  25. @Wandering Sagebrush I bought a kneeling pad and use it when connecting the water hose to the Olllie. It helps being down low to have correct hose alighment.
  26. Thank you John for your king words and prayers!
  1. Load more activity
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information