Yep, as confirmed by Anita, unlike the standard black tank system, the Nature's Head toilet is not delivered "ready to poop". You have to supply the peat moss or coconut coir to load the reservoir, as well as any other supplies like vinegar and a spray bottle for keeping it sanitary. And maybe a step stool.... Seat height in the Ollie is about 24 inches.
I ordered this stuff. It comes in four bricks, one of which is just the right amount to charge the toilet. Adding water can be a little problematic since it continues to absorb water for a long time. According to one online webpage you can place a dry brick in the bottom of the toilet, add one cup of water and let it sit. It will continue to suck moisture out of your, um, deposits and reach an ideal moisture content. Adding too much water at the start is a mistake and can make it too liquidy.
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B004HLSL7W/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
I do like the idea of coconut coir since it is renewable and would otherwise go into a landfill. Peat is not renewable and a peat bog takes thousands of years to form.
I am no environmentalist, mainly I want to cut the umbilical cord that ties you to dump facilities.
I think that Oliver should deliver the trailer with the needed media for the tank, I am going to suggest that they place a sealed brick of this stuff in the tank of each one delivered in the future. Cost is essentially nil and it would be good PR.
This shows a laid-back mess-free way to add water and expand it at home: ...
This is a good source of info on using the head: ... https://theboatgalley.com/our-composting-toilet/
John Davies
Spokane WA