Jump to content

Leaderboard

Popular Content

Showing content with the highest reputation on 03/30/2017 in all areas

  1. Then here's a good video on the adjustments.
    2 points
  2. "Did you remove the slide from the cabinet?" Nope, the slides ripped out of the drawers by the screws, because the screws were too short... If it was screwed into hardwood, it would have held. But the pine is too soft for those small screws to hold in an RV. So 1" screws will work best while having them screw through the drawer pannel and into the face. I added 2 more screws to each one today. [attachment file=48528] So now there are 4 screws holding each slide lock instead of just the 2 that proved themselves inadequate. Oliver uses the Blum 1901 series, and I found this video on them We didn't hear back from Oliver today, but it feels strange having a new trailer that I'm working on just like the old ones :) I guess it never ends, I must have been dreaming when I thought that this new trailer wouldn't need any work... At least it doesn't need much :)
    2 points
  3. A good app to use for boondocking is "ultimate us public campgrounds" or the icon says UC. If you type in UC public, it's the first thing that comes up. We use it all the time. It's in the app store on your phone.
    1 point
  4. I've had issues with the nightstand drawer in my twin-bed Elite II. Last summer, Jason shipped a replacement locking device (the red piece) and that solved the problem for the rest of the year. During my January/February trip this year, I experienced the problem again. It's disheartening to open the door and find the contents of that drawer strewn around the cabin of the Ollie. Jason is working with a local RV dealer to have a latch installed on this drawer--the same type of latch that Oliver uses for the pantry door. They haven't installed it yet, but I'll post a photo once it's finished. I like this big drawer and want to use it without concern about weight. Given the orientation of the drawer, I think it's inevitable that it will fly out if its contents are too heavy and you have to hit the brakes at some point. In about 16,000 miles of towing, mine has come out an estimated 7-12 times.
    1 point
  5. Thought I'd update this since I haven't been around much. Our trailer still isn't in production, and in fact we still don't have a price back from Oliver. I got tired of pushing it some time ago so the ball's in their court. They know that since they missed our spring deadline that our next trip wouldn't be until October or so, but it seems like they took that as license to stop working on our project entirely. I'm just curious if Oliver has forgotten that we're customers. The tow vehicle story isn't much better. I found out the end of February that the truck I ordered was finally in production, but that the dealership had screwed up their orders and mine got built the wrong color. I told them I'd take a look and see when it came in, which was today, but the truck really isn't my style. And since the trailer is so delayed, it made no sense to take it. In fact, in 6 weeks, I can order a 2018 model, so we'll wait for that. All in all, probably a four to five month delay. Still hoping to have both before the fall, but if Oliver doesn't get serious shortly, I suspect we'll cut our loses and move on. We're patient, though, so we'll see.
    1 point
  6. John, good questions and nice map. When we picked up we headed north to LBL/KY after a couple of days in Hohenwald. When we go to the rally, we want to come from the south and have been looking at places in MS - Tishomingo SP is on our list. We want to do the Trace up to Hohenwald. Steve lives in Tupelo and might be able to offer us some advice. Mike
    1 point
  • Recent Achievements

    • BluegrassRetiredChick earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • BluegrassRetiredChick earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • ERIC B earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • joman earned a badge
      One Year In
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • KJSmith earned a badge
      One Year In
    • carpenter went up a rank
      Apprentice
    • Powderkeg11 earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      First Post
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      Week One Done
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Month Later
    • Kindiogami earned a badge
      One Year In
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Reacting Well
    • Gene G. earned a badge
      One Year In
    • CB1735 earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • annasteve earned a badge
      Conversation Starter
    • GregCA earned a badge
      Collaborator
    • FirstApex earned a badge
      Dedicated
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information