Jump to content

Wayfinder

Moderators
  • Posts

    576
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    12

Wayfinder last won the day on July 18

Wayfinder had the most liked content!

2 Followers

My Info

  • Gender or Couple
    Male

My RV or Travel Trailer

  • Do you own an Oliver Travel Trailer, other travel trailer or none?
    I own an Oliver Travel Trailer
  • Hull #
    110
  • Year
    2016
  • Make
    Oliver
  • Model
    Legacy Elite II
  • Floor Plan
    Twin Bed Floor Plan

Recent Profile Visitors

4,811 profile views

Wayfinder's Achievements

Experienced

Experienced (11/14)

  • Posting Machine Rare
  • Very Popular Rare
  • One Year In
  • Reacting Well
  • Dedicated

Recent Badges

949

Reputation

  1. @jd1923 my screen was WAY up in the pipe, there was no reaching it with a finger. Only a bright flashlight revealed the screen up in the pipe. Not sure if they are all like that was products change constantly, but you'd think there would be a screen somewhere.
  2. I’ve held many work-related video calls on the Gen 3 without issues… with an open sky. One could likely play an online game too, such as World of Warcraft, but maybe not a first person shooter (FPS). The latency requirements are high and one would be getting killed a lot in the FPS game.
  3. I don't yet have the mini, but I still use the Starlink Gen 3. I had purchased a tri-pod mount adaptor from Bantha Overland on Etsy. I just checked and he has a few 3D printed items for the mini as well. I'll use him again as the first mount was a good solid solution for my heavy-duty camera tri-pod. I like having items that are multi-purpose, to save weight & gear, i.e. a camera AND Starlink Tri-Pod, etc. Also with the mini, I want to check out all the cool cases/mounts available. Veritas Vans seems to have an interesting solution for the mini. I'm also thinking 3M tape magnets so I could put the mini on top of the Ollie, or on top of truck cap. Which ever works best at the time. Lastly, I think this is more true for the mini, but recently I took a chance and started pointing my Starlink Gen 3 in any direction in the opening of trees (within South Georgia). I was amazed that I did not see any speed test reduction compared to pointing dish North. Try that out. It sounds like the mini pretty much can point anywhere too these days.
  4. @jd1923 I too love watching "My RV Works". I also still have the Dometic RM2454. My fridge will not stay on left 5. The light usually goes out after a while or immediately depending on ambient temps (so it seems). Not sure it's the eyebrow or board. I've been wanting to delve into it more, but I'm a bit afraid I will break something worse. I'm such a scaredy cat. I don't mind breaking it with someone with me or if it doesn't work at all. LOL. I'm so complex.
  5. Welcome @Chuck and Beth. I took nearly 10 years to decide on a camping vehicle/format. Can't say I rushed into things. Enjoy it and continue to learn how things work on your Ollie here in the forums.
  6. @ronbrink Which flagpole and suction cups setup is that on the Ollie? Thanks,
  7. I'm also considering placing the Starlink mini on the cap of the truck, that way it's always available for the truck or camper use. But put it on a removable mount to find clear sky if under light tree-cover.
  8. @jd1923 I'll drive out to see you soon enough. I'll bring your favorite ice cream and drink.
  9. I wish I had see the performance of the RecPro before I put it on this year. I'm not happy with it. I will try Trim-LOK next time. It won't be long before the rest just falls off.
  10. Does everyone's outdoor shower head basically stink? As in horrible water pressure? I even replaced mine in the past two years with the same model as original, because original cracked as they all do. Maybe I have junk in the Pex line to the shower head, or the head stinks. I'm sure there's a thread around here somewhere. I figured I'd ask since it's being talked about. Thanks.
  11. When I installed my accumulator tank in my old #110, I put a new mounting board up for it, I think it was PVC board maybe. Anyways, my first attempt to glue it to the fiberglass hull near the water pump did not hold long. I then tried Gorilla Heavy Duty Construction Adhesive (white). Oh man, was I impressed with that. That board has not moved since, and may never. I've used it now on other projects. It seems good to me. I'm also surprised that the remainder of the adhesive, in the opened tube, has not hardened up yet, nearly two years later. Then again, I keep it in the air conditioned house. I need to add a small tube or two of this to my tool packing list for long travels.
  12. @jd1923 I'm going to be keeping things as simple as possible when I travel all around that nation soon. I'm hoping just having a Starlink mini will be good enough. Naturally trees as obstructions will kill the Starlink performance. My first thought when I see all the cool things you've done with the cellular booter and stuff is.... "No! I'm doing all that. I just retired from my IT job." Give me all the bad things I'm not thinking about. Maybe I bring some old DVDs, books, and cuddle more with the woman. 😉
  13. Yeah, I like having a freezer for ice and a good ice pack for the back & neck. Looks like the Nova fridge uses a lot less power at about 4.5A on 12v. My old 3-way burns at least 10amps on DC, but my 4 good AGMs sustain that all day, with Solar coming in. I'm estimating that the Nova, without a freezer, might run on a Jackery 1000 for approximately 30 to 35 hours. I always travel with at least one of my Jackery 1000s portable power units, for among other things, running my 12v Truma Cooler that I either carry in the cab of the truck or in the camper itself. The Truma cooler runs at least two days on that portable power unit, and I seldom charge past 85%, depending how hold I want things and the ambient temps. I'm estimating that the Nova, without a freezer, might run on a Jackery 1000 for approximately 30 to 35 hours. But that remains to be seen, and weather dependent. In theory, and if I put my money where my mouth has been, I'll be retired in 122 days. (Fine, yes, I'm counting)
  14. I will get an external screen cover to put around the overflow pipe, like those that cover furnace exhausts.
  15. I grabbed my borescope and not only grabbed some pics of the rusted screen in the overflow pipe, but a short video of my borescope magnet attachment trying to pull more screen out. Some of the rotted screen simply fell out upon touching it. I got the rest out with a long angled pick. Also, I had drained my fresh water tank on Sunday after a trip, but did not raise the nose of the camper high enough to remove enough water. You can see the reflection of the borescope light in the water. So I raised the rear jack stands, and raised the nose up a good bit more to drain even more water. I bet no one has shown the inside of the water tank before. LOL I can now see how an old rusted screen mesh could block the overflow. Also time to clean tank. fresh-water-overflow-screen-removal.mp4
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information